Which is your favorite basketball team in NBA ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by navy, May 5, 2012.

1. navy

navy New Member

I like rockets best, and you ?
  2. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

DETROIT

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

In my Sig
  4. bsmith0731

bsmith0731 New Member

Lakers all day

Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP build 35
    Francos kernel build 158
  5. cherrywine

cherrywine New Member

Miami Heat!!!
  6. Fresnodog

Fresnodog New Member

San Antonio spurs!
  7. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

I'm looking for Denver, Minnesota, and Brooklyn to all have good years. I think these 3 teams are going to be making a splash in the coming years

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
  8. dezymond

I'm a Minnesota fan. To be honest, I had them in the playoffs last year if Rubio had stayed healthy, they were really coming to form and making a strong push near the end. They won't be going anywhere this season, don't think Rubio will be back in time to save whatever record they'll get beforehand.
  9. Ross6655

Ross6655 New Member

Pacers here.
  10. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

Rubio should be back in December, by January he should already be playing. T-Wolves were gonna have a strong year this year, they got the best PF in the league, and a very good supporting cast but injuries really hurt their start.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  11. jacques11

jacques11 New Member

Same here San Antonio spurs all time.
  12. SILVER COUPE

SILVER COUPE Member

NY Knickerbockers here, we're finally looking like a playoff team right out the gate. i'm excited about basketball again :icon_ lala:
  13. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

da bulls... can we get d.rose back now?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  14. dezymond

I think they should just sit him this season. Even if they get him back i don't think they can get over beating a team like the heat cause they still don't have help for Rose. They're still missing one piece to make them a championship team. They need someone to help Rose take the pressure off him down the stretch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  15. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Bellini is coming into his own but boozer just has to go.. I always hated that they brought him in... his offense is mediocre and his defense is just non existent when it matters

rose needs to come back when he can... there's no guarantee that the heat will make it out the east... bigger upsets have happened before

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  16. dezymond

I hated the fact they picked up Boozer too! (my sig says Mavs, but I've been a Bulls fan all my life even the dark days after MJ & Co. left). I wish they had pursued Amare more, I still think him and Rose would've made a great duo AND that would've helped relieve Rose of some pressure. Noah is turning into more of an offensive threat, but he'll never be the No. 2 guy, his job is what he does best, playing D and being scrappy.

It's true that there are no guarantees, but other than the Knicks I don't see any other team stopping them, they just match up too well if every team stays healthy from now til the playoffs. Regardless of who the Bulls play, there's no denying the fact that they're missing a real No.2 option (it still boggles my mind that they believed Rip could be that guy). Their defense is solid and will be so as long as Thibs is their coach and they bring in players who WANT to play defense, this squad does because Thibs is such a great coach. They've revamped their bench, but their defense is still top notch. Just the same problem ever since Rose has been a Bull, no option #2. Had they pursued Amare, he could've been that guy.
  17. mozar

mozar New Member

Amare would never be a good fit with Rose as the #1 guy. They are both depended of the ball being in their hands. Its the same reason Carmelo Anthony and Amare don't play well together at the same time. As evidents by the Knicks success with Amare not playing a single game this season. That could change if Amare comes off the bench.
  18. dezymond

Unlike Melo though, Rose does look to setup teammates, although not as often as the traditional PG.

And the success of the Knicks has too many factors to just blame it on Amare. Felton and Kidd really make that team go and Melo is ballin at an MVP level. I still agree that Melo and Amare need the ball to be effective, but you also have to factor in how Kidd plays, he sets up teammates everytime down the floor. A player of Kidd's calibur really does change a franchise and the mentality of a team, hence the teamball that the Knicks are playing. We don't know how Amare will do if he were to be inserted into the 4 with Melo back at the 3, but I bet it would go much smoother than last year because of Kidd and Felton. Amare coming off the bench, like he approves of for now, would greatly benefit the goal of a championship though.

Now back to Rose and Amare. You have to remember Rose, in his whole time with the Bulls, has never had a reliable 2nd option, Deng is as close as it gets. Down the stretch of game it goes to Rose's hands for two reasons; he's the PG and he's the go-to guy. Would you trust anyone else with the ball down the stretch or have take the final shot? Current roster, Deng would be the other to get it, IMO, but even that's not a reliable option. Defenses know to crowd Rose, or put a bigger guy on him, which means there's a mismatch somewhere, but that matchup isn't favorable to the Bulls as they all know Rose is taking that last shot too

I also think Boozer and Amare are practically the same type of player now, but with Amare being more of an offensive threat. Amare can score, we all know that, but Boozer is a head scratcher on both ends of the floor, at least with Amare you got offense:D Were there better fits at the time? Off the top of my head I can't think of any, but I knew for sure Boozer would not be a very good fit. I just think Amare would've been better because he would've been the #2 guy and defenses would have more to worry about. For now and like it's always been "watch out for Rose".
  19. jtc303

jtc303 New Member

Celtics... sucking right now :mad:

°||MaxxHD||°
  20. mozar

mozar New Member

As a Bulls fan I wouldn't have either on the team. Neither can play defense. Boozer can't do anything except yell about getting a rebound. Amare is to much have a money risk since no insurance company would insure his knees anymore. Would we be hurt by not having either? I doubt it since both have been known to be injury prone during their careers. Plus Amare would be in Tibs dog house every game and would still sit on the bench during crunch time like Boozer.

I do like the up side of Taj Gibson. If he can get a nice job shot and improve his post game he would be a monster on the offensive side of the ball. Only downside is he is on the older side.
Search tags for this page

who is your favorite basketball team