Which car manufacturers?

pjo1966

Reaction score
Which car manufacturers have stock radios that will stream music from the Droid using Bluetooth? I know some do and some don't. I'm in the early stages of shopping for a new car, and while this feature won't be a dealbreaker, it would be good to know.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Well, since this forum site is not necessarily a "car" enthusiast site, I doubt you will get a flood of good answers here.

Besides the obvious... (simply looking for this feature as you shop for your new car)
...you could always post up your question over on The Car Lounge Forums which is an online enthusiast forum for car fanatics/enthusiasts

>>link>> The Car Lounge Forums: Main

Good luck with your new car purchase!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know any high end car will come with it standard (Audi, Acura, BMW), but most manufacturers should have this as an option.

That being said, most late model vehicles come with the ability to attach an aftermarket Aux-In/IPod/USB adapter, this is what I did with my 07 Tacoma, and I've never looked back.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which car manufacturers have stock radios that will stream music from the Droid using Bluetooth? I know some do and some don't.
Good luck. I don't think anyone has extensively tested the Droid (or any other bluetooth capable phone/device for that matter) with every new car's bluetooth system. I can tell you that bluetooth is only used for phone calls in the 2008 Nissan Rogue. And that from reading posts at HowardForums.com it appears that Mazda's bluetooth system isn't very reliable. I have yet to see any sort of centralized repository for such information.

I'd suggest taking the Droid with you while car shopping.

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
Which car manufacturers have stock radios that will stream music from the Droid using Bluetooth? I know some do and some don't.
Good luck. I don't think anyone has extensively tested the Droid (or any other bluetooth capable phone/device for that matter) with every new car's bluetooth system. I can tell you that bluetooth is only used for phone calls in the 2008 Nissan Rogue. And that from reading posts at HowardForums.com it appears that Mazda's bluetooth system isn't very reliable. I have yet to see any sort of centralized repository for such information.

I'd suggest taking the Droid with you while car shopping.

Thanks. I will definitely do that. Right now I'm doing all of my shopping on-line, so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. I'll be hitting all the major vehicle's forums. If I get some usable information, I will definitely share it here.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Just get a good car that you like , all the new ones have a aux connector so you can attach a bluetooth adapter , I wouldn't base my search by this criteria . It's like the 1700$ crappy laptop I had to buy a couple of days ago , just because it was pink , I could have gotten a way better one for half the price , but it wasn't pink .

OP
P

pjo1966

Reaction score
Just get a good car that you like , all the new ones have a aux connector so you can attach a bluetooth adapter , I wouldn't base my search by this criteria . It's like the 1700$ crappy laptop I had to buy a couple of days ago , just because it was pink , I could have gotten a way better one for half the price , but it wasn't pink .

Like I said, if it doesn't have audio streaming via BT, it's not going to be a dealbreaker. I'm the type of person that likes many different cars for different reasons. When I bought my current car, it was between the Mini, the BMW 3 series, the BMW X3, the Prius, etc... I love cars. I'll be happy with whatever I get. If it has BT streaming, even better.

As for your laptop, you can get custom skins that will make any laptop pink. Return the one you got and get the one you want.