Which browser are you using with your S4?

Raydee35

Reaction score
I have had some issues with chrome running in the background with my old phone so I stopped using it. Has anyone else noticed that?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

bbtkd

Reaction score
I have had some issues with chrome running in the background with my old phone so I stopped using it. Has anyone else noticed that?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

You should have set this up as a survey. I use chrome, but make sure to kill it when I'm done using it. When I forget, it can suck down my battery at 5-10% an hour. Anyone know if that's a bug or is it some feature? PITA, but best browser IMHO.

Natey2

Reaction score
Dolphin.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I use Chrome. Question though - by pressing and holding the Home button, you can access the Task Manager. When I open it, I don't see any active apps. Does this mean that Chrome is NOT running?

bbtkd

Reaction score
I use Chrome. Question though - by pressing and holding the Home button, you can access the Task Manager. When I open it, I don't see any active apps. Does this mean that Chrome is NOT running?

When I see it and kill it, it is in background mode, apparently using resources when waking periodically. Not sure what the home button shows, maybe only active. I use the app SystemPanel Lite to spot and kill battery-sucking apps. Most of them don't run continually and therefore show up as background.

Rinkle_McBally

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Greenify is the hands down best app for me that kills apps running in the background

mrscaligirl

Reaction score
I mostly use firefox, but sometimes chrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Boat and Chrome mainly. I also have Flashfox and UC Browser as they still support Flash. The latest update to Boat may allow it too, but I haven't checked.

jhom

Reaction score
AOSP. I have Chrome and Next browsers in reserve, but I rarely use them because the AOSP fulfills my needs.