Picked up a used S4 on Craigslist.....

loco

Reaction score
I picked up a slightly used S4 on craigslist last night. The phone is in nearly perfect condition with the exception of the plastic chrome trim ring that goes around the sides of the phone. The girl I purchased it from said since its plastic it nicks and scuffs pretty easily and by her dropping it into a junk filled purse, it caused the few blemishes.

My question is, is this piece of trim replaceable ? Id like to run the phone without a case so it doesnt add any bulk in my pocket. This is why I'm considering replacing the trim part.

I will be switching over to this S4 from an iphone 4 as soon as I can get the swing of the S4.

S

SFGate

Don't know if the trim is replaceable, but hope you enjoy your new phone.

ktklein72

Reaction score
I too do not know if trim is replaceable however, as far as cases go, I'd suggest you check out the Slim Armor case by Spigen. I have three S4s at home and two of them have the case. The case is extremely thin and low profile and does a great job of protecting the phone. Good luck with your S4. We all love ours.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Yea - w/o a case - it will look like trash if keys & change end up in same pocket - and needed soft screen saver.
Seem this is why is does now.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Here's the link to the cases I mentioned. The back scratches up after a while a little (from keys in pocket at same time) but otherwise it's saved my S4 from some drops and I'm sure from scratches too.

SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 case Slim Armor | Spigen

That is the case I use as well. As with most of the cases I've seen, the hole for the earphone jack is too small to allow the jack to be fully inserted. But other than that, I really like this case.