which app is eating my gps cycles?

Derekweb

Reaction score
How do I figure out which app is eating my gps cycles?

Before today, it would only flash occassionally. Now some process is hitting the GPS constanly, even after a reboot. How do I determine which service is doing this?

rustynail09

Reaction score
install the power control widget that came with your phone. Just kill it completely and just use cell triangulation until you NEED to use the full gps function.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
install the power control widget that came with your phone. Just kill it completely and just use cell triangulation until you NEED to use the full gps function.

i agree completely just turn GPS off while your not using it. youll notice a significant increase in battery life too..

dwagner88

Reaction score
I noticed this yesterday when I upgraded to bb 0.3. It doesn't make any sense though, because I restored all of my apps with mybackup pro, so nothing should have changed.

JCo352

Reaction score
This happened to me today for the first time. I just went through all my apps that use GPS; beautiful widgets, maps, the browser, and antennas. I don't know which one it was, but it turned off after that.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do I figure out which app is eating my gps cycles?
Good question. I don't know off the top of my head but you might want to go to Settings->Applications and see what apps (Manage applications and filter to show running) and services (Running services) are running on your device.

i agree completely just turn GPS off while your not using it. youll notice a significant increase in battery life too..
I leave mine on all the time. GPS is only going to affect battery when it is actively used. If an app is tying up the receiver then definitely address the problem rather than just the symptom.

Last edited: