wheres all my options??.....

trentbroad

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I know where my actual options are. I want to know why I don't have more. My friend has a Blackberry Storm and his options put mine to shame! He can put put notifications for each person in his contact list, he has more sound options in every way. He has more control over screen options like screen timeout and touch sensitivity. Don't get me wrong I love my Droid, but if Droid does then shouldn't it? I wouldn't trade my Droid for any other phone out right now but I feel shorted when others phones can do what my phone can't when it claims it does. So if it appeases the GODS how about a rearranging of Droid DNA to be the superbreed it is supposed to be.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He can put put notifications for each person in his contact list, he has more sound options in every way.

so can you :icon_eek: maybe you should ask how before you say droid doesn't because it does

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I know where my actual options are. I want to know why I don't have more. My friend has a Blackberry Storm and his options put mine to shame!(haha, in NO way is this factual) He can put put notifications for each person in his contact list,(Droid does, try Handcent for SMS and Missed Call for the rest) he has more sound options in every way (You can download/customize ringtones and notifications). He has more control over screen options like screen timeout and touch sensitivity.(Droid has native settings for this *menu button > settings > sound & display > display settings, and you can download either Screebl or Keep Screen to further customize screen timeouts) Don't get me wrong I love my Droid, but if Droid does then shouldn't it? I wouldn't trade my Droid for any other phone out right now but I feel shorted when others phones can do what my phone can't when it claims it does. So if it appeases the GODS how about a rearranging of Droid DNA to be the superbreed it is supposed to be.

I added what DROID DOES in red. BB Storm shaming a DROID.... I almost fell out of my chair on that one :rofl3:

not meant to be a jerk, just having some fun :icon_ banana:

Trip

Reaction score
To the OP...

Your right that there are things that Droid DOESN'T do that other phones do... like lock you into only the options that the manufacturer thought you should have instead of letting you decide what you need and letting you download apps to do it.

The power of this phone is in its versatility, you can make it do WHATEVER you want/need. If you want your phone to do something that it cant nativley just search the market, there is probably more than one app that can do it, and most are free to boot.

droid does

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I know where my actual options are. I want to know why I don't have more. My friend has a Blackberry Storm and his options put mine to shame!(haha, in NO way is this factual) He can put put notifications for each person in his contact list,(Droid does, try Handcent for SMS and Missed Call for the rest) he has more sound options in every way (You can download/customize ringtones and notifications). He has more control over screen options like screen timeout and touch sensitivity.(Droid has native settings for this *menu button > settings > sound & display > display settings, and you can download either Screebl or Keep Screen to further customize screen timeouts) Don't get me wrong I love my Droid, but if Droid does then shouldn't it? I wouldn't trade my Droid for any other phone out right now but I feel shorted when others phones can do what my phone can't when it claims it does. So if it appeases the GODS how about a rearranging of Droid DNA to be the superbreed it is supposed to be.

I added what DROID DOES in red. BB Storm shaming a DROID.... I almost fell out of my chair on that one :rofl3:

not meant to be a jerk, just having some fun :icon_ banana:

hahahahaha OWNED

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
To the OP...

Your right that there are things that Droid DOESN'T do that other phones do... like lock you into only the options that the manufacturer thought you should have instead of letting you decide what you need and letting you download apps to do it.

The power of this phone is in its versatility, you can make it do WHATEVER you want/need. If you want your phone to do something that it cant nativley just search the market, there is probably more than one app that can do it, and most are free to boot.

I think that's the biggest adjustment for most people. The phone can do an awful lot of stuff, but you end up customizing it to take advantage of its capabilities. It does not come stocked with whole bunch of apps you may never use, and that's a big surprise to many people. It was to me, although I did not find that to be a disappointment. Quite the opposite in fact!

That said, I think that salespeople really should do a better job of explaining that the Droid is more similar to buying a new PC than it is to buying most phones (smart or otherwise). Too many people are shocked that they are going to be spending some time setting the phone up themselves, even though they will probably be happier this way in the long run.