Two Lines (numbers) / One Droid

jah6719

Reaction score
My father has the Motorola Droid / Verizon. Is there a way to put two different cells numbers on one Droid so he can get rid of his second cell and just carry around one phone. The second line is his business cell # and it's not an option to just get rid of it.

serialtoon

Reaction score
Google Voice. You can link multiple numbers to one device. He will still have to pay for both phones, but he at least can ditch one device.

wil318466

Reaction score
Two options are 1) google voice or what I did 2) have all calls from my work phone forwarded to my personal phone.

The thing is all outgoing calls are from my personal, and incoming are to my work #. I believe phones can only be set to have one ESN (electronic serial number) and that is where they determine where the phone call came from.

I hated carrying around 2 phones, so now everything goes to my personal one. Unfortunatley, I have to call my work cell phone voicemail to check it.

-Wil

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Voice. You can link multiple numbers to one device. He will still have to pay for both phones, but he at least can ditch one device.

+1, this is the way to do it.

Although Google Voice solves the problem (as long as you pay for two calling plans) I'd like the option of having more than device linked to the same phone number. After all, I have several phones in my house that are all linked to the same phone number. Why, other than the obvious desire on the part of cell networks to make money, can I not purchase multiple phones and link them to the same number?

llort

Reaction score
Forwarded Calls, What about texts?

I have forwarded my company Cell to my Droid, is there a way to forward the text messages as well?

The Company phone is a Casio GZOne Boulder.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
My problem is I have a personal business and I proffesional job that both require phones. I want to go to one phone but have my work number be my work greeting on my voicemail and my business number be my buisness greating. I am not sure if forwarding will do this. Will google voice work for this.