Where to find replacement parts?

thatguy85

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently dropped my phone and cracked the screen at the very top near the LED light. Took it to a verizon store and because it was not damaged by normal use/wear and tear it is not covered under the warranty.

Buying a new Maxx HD is out of the question, they're going for 400ish still I believe.

The only option is to get the screen replaced but I'll be damned if I can't find a single replacement screen for this phone. I've found a couple on ebay for the regular Razr Maxx but none for the HD.

I realize the LCD and front screen are fused together so it would be a mistake trying to separate the two. I work on small electronics fairly often so I feel comfortable taking apart the phone, and that the ribbon cables are the most fragile part of the whole operation.

Can anyone please direct me to a reseller of these replacement screens? I think they're probably going for about 200ish bucks, right?

I appreciate any information.

OP
T

thatguy85

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone know where to get a replacement screen? Over 200 views, no one knows?

Dre051288

Reaction score
Give etradesupply.com a try, i have used them before for many different phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

thatguy85

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I found the replacement screen here: Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 LCD Assembly
and the video on how to disassemble the phone here: [video=youtube;SW7libMTdkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW7libMTdkk[/video]

As for sending it to motorola, yeah it might cost 100 bucks, but that's on top of the 250 for the part to fix it. I'd rather save myself 100 bucks and do it on my own. Might even do a write-up for this site when I replace it.

Thanks everyone!

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I found the replacement screen here: Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 LCD Assembly
and the video on how to disassemble the phone here: [video=youtube;SW7libMTdkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW7libMTdkk[/video]

As for sending it to motorola, yeah it might cost 100 bucks, but that's on top of the 250 for the part to fix it. I'd rather save myself 100 bucks and do it on my own. Might even do a write-up for this site when I replace it.

Thanks everyone!

Actually, its a flat rate repair.
The parts and labor for screen repair are $100.

My DROID RAZR HD is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?
Motorola offers several convenient repair programs for Out-of-Warranty repair at a fee:
Repair Service
Fee
Display Only Repair*​
$100 plus applicable taxes​
Out-of-Warranty​
$109 plus applicable taxes​
Battery Only Replacement​
$49 plus applicable taxes​
Physical Damage​
$159 plus applicable taxes​

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...er_detail/a_id/91147/p/30,6720,8448/kw/repair

So as I was saying..........

You will cost yourself an extra $130 bucks or so by doing yourself.
I do happen to know what I'm talking about. I've been at this a long time.

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
T

thatguy85

Reaction score
Hello,

An update on this:

Following tech_head's advice I sent the phone in for repair to motorola since that was indeed the cheapest option available to me, and the repair time stated on that link said 5 business days maximum once they get the phone. I've now been without a phone for 2 full weeks. It actually took them six days from the time fedex dropped it off to the time motorola sent me an email stating that they had received the phone.

The issue, I later learned when I called to complain today, was that they apparently did not have any replacement screens in stock. How the national repair center for all motorola phones doesn't have spare parts on hand is beyond me, but oh well. The options presented to me were as follows:

$50 dollar google play store credit, and just wait it out.
Complete refund on the repair, still have to wait it out, or...
Go buy a bran new Maxx HD, fax motorola the receipt, and they'll reimburse me.

While I'm less than pleased with their repair service, customer service appears to be the saving grace here.

So, what was the lesson in all of this? Be very, very wary of sending your phone in for physical repairs and try to save your old phones so that you at least have a working phone during the repair time. This was not meant to slander tech_head in any way either, I'm sure he's had positive experiences with this service. This was just meant to give my own experiences with the repair service.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had need of a screen repair, so I have never used them.
I know others that have used the service.

If they offered to pay for a new device, seems like a win to me.
As long as they put it in writing, I'd go for the new device. The only issue is that you need to float the money until they get it back to you and that could be inconvenient for some people.

Sounds like CS is at least trying.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I dropped my RMHD as I slipped it out of my pocket onto a tile floor (in an otterbox commuter) and it landed perfectly face first and killed the screen. Hairline fractured down the side and the screen wouldn't come on. Sent it to Motorola, expecting to pay the $100+ to fix the screen with a 5 day turn around.

After 3 weeks, they claimed to not have the parts or something and sent me a new phone. I lost some pics and stuff and had to re root but wound up with a new phone that seems to have better battery life and no lag.

Motorola=win

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

irysh13

Reaction score
I have a question and i hope someone see's this in the near future. I recently rooted my razr maxx hd and also unlocked my bootloader. now having said that, i downloaded the razr toolbox from play store and was looking through the tabs that are available. after clicking on the "meters" tab, my phone showed a darkened "working" box and then my phone shut off. it then rebooted and when i went to unlock my phone, i had a prompt that read--"unfortunately, system ui has stopped working." Now i have no onscreen soft keys. (ie Back, Home, Search.) Looking to figure out what i need to do to restore these things so i can use my phone again. And just as im finishing this up i now realize that my phone says "No Service" which is even better to add to this problem. If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also i know i am probably not in the right thread, but i am in a bit of a hurry to try and get this resolved, so if someone see's this and knows anything about it and can repost, that would be great.

thanks for any help.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You need to do a factory data reset. It will get rid of the app that is messing up the phone. Power on, wait for the splash screen to stop then right before you see the "ui has stopped working" message press the power and volume down button at the same time. As soon as the phone turns off switch from the volume down to the volume up button without releasing the power button. That will get you into the bootloader screen. Use volume down to scroll to recovery then push volume up to select it. Do you have a custom recovery installed? If yes, fdr from there. If no, from the recovery select factory data reset. Once that is complete reboot the phone and start the set up process. You will NOT lose root or the unlocked bootloader. Good luck!

peakcelln

Reaction score
Actually, its a flat rate repair.
The parts and labor for screen repair are $100.

My DROID RAZR HD is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?
Motorola offers several convenient repair programs for Out-of-Warranty repair at a fee:

Repair Service

Fee

Display Only Repair*​

$100 plus applicable taxes​

Out-of-Warranty​

$109 plus applicable taxes​

Battery Only Replacement​

$49 plus applicable taxes​

Physical Damage​

$159 plus applicable taxes​

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...er_detail/a_id/91147/p/30,6720,8448/kw/repair

So as I was saying..........

You will cost yourself an extra $130 bucks or so by doing yourself.
I do happen to know what I'm talking about. I've been at this a long time.

Thank you.

Wow! They had this years ago and then it stopped. The wait was always 2-3 weeks, though, no matter what they told you and about 25% of the time, THEY LOST YOUR PHONE(So make sure you back up b4 sending it, they wipe it anyway). I actually repair phones for a living and didnt know about this. I'll still do the repairs(Because of the time lag), but I'll definitely use this for trade ins. In fact, I just got one(XT926 HD) and called the number(Online is down, so I had to call in). They took my info and will send me an RMA# with the info. Thanx!!!

Last edited: