Where is all my data going??

chevihemi

Reaction score
So a few days ago (actually about a week now) I notice my data usage going sky high compared to my normal usage. Typically I would get up in the monring (7am) and have a couple of megs used. Now I wake up to almost 70 megs being used and 100 by noon and thats with almost no usage other than a few text messages here and there.

By the end of the day I am up to almost 250 megs and they aren't being used by me. I am running UD 9.0 but I had this problem before then as well on Droid Mod. Are there any programs to see what is using all this data? Im looking at almost 6gb a month at this rate...

Thanks much!!

JFDroid

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if you installed the 2.1 OTA and let SPRecovery block it? If not, it could keep re-downloading endlessly, hogging up all your data and eating your battery life in the process.

beneharris

Reaction score
Have you checked to see if you installed the 2.1 OTA and let SPRecovery block it? If not, it could keep re-downloading endlessly, hogging up all your data and eating your battery life in the process.
yeah thats probably it. did it start this weekish? is your battery real bad?

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
That could very well be the case. How do I block it? I Just ran the droid mod program and it just told me it was already rooted and wanted to install their ROM.

Thanks again!

OP
chevihemi

chevihemi

Reaction score
I am still having this problem. I have done the otaupdate.zip as well as tried Bugless Beast. I download the update and it just prompts to redownload again after.

speed_phreak

Reaction score
I think I am also having this issue. I have recently noticed my phone downloading over 170MB a day, which is ridiculous. I re-flashed with AdamZ's SG 6.0.1 and re-installed just a few apps. The issue returned...

I ran AdamZ's OTA blocker which apparently renames the certificates used to verify the update as genuine. I think by doing this, the damn phone just keeps trying to download the update until it can get a version it can verify as genuine...

Any suggestions? Obviously, I don't want to install the damn 2.1 update, but I also don't want my phone downloading the damn update over and over... I went out on a limb and called Verizon to see if they could somehow take my phone off the 2.1 list, but the guy I talked to was clueless.

speed_phreak

Reaction score

I believe what you described is exactly what I have been facing of late.

So you are suggesting that we allow the update to download and click "install" when prompted, then let SPRecovery block it, by not selecting "allow update" when it boots into recovery?

Has anyone with this issue resolved it this way?

In my case, I would need to rename the update verification certificates back to stock.

jimnutt

Reaction score

I believe what you described is exactly what I have been facing of late.

So you are suggesting that we allow the update to download and click "install" when prompted, then let SPRecovery block it, by not selecting "allow update" when it boots into recovery?

Has anyone with this issue resolved it this way?

In my case, I would need to rename the update verification certificates back to stock.

Yes, it worked fine.