When Android 2.2 comes out...

Vinyl66

Reaction score
I'm new to Android I had a BB Storm before this. When Android 2.2 comes out for the X will the upgrade wipe everything I set up on my phone currently?

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does all your apps get wiped when you upgrade your computer? ;)

NO

Your X is just a "baby" computer all your stuff will still be there. I still backup everything because I have run computers over 20 years and you just never know.

OP
V

Vinyl66

Reaction score
I didn't think so I jst remember losing things when I updated my BB storm to OS 5.0 way back when.

tomnationwide

Reaction score
Does all your apps get wiped when you upgrade your computer? ;)

NO

Your X is just a "baby" computer all your stuff will still be there. I still backup everything because I have run computers over 20 years and you just never know.

The Operating System is simply what makes your apps and phone go. The update is updating what was on the phoen when you got it, not what you put on it afterwards.

But yes, by all means, you need to do a backup before upgrading.

beefchopper

Reaction score
I'm new to Android I had a BB Storm before this. When Android 2.2 comes out for the X will the upgrade wipe everything I set up on my phone currently?

The same thing happened to my Blackberrys every time they did an update. I had to reinstall everything and reconfigure it to my liking. I sure hope thatdoesn;t happen on Android phones.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I never had to reconfig anything when I updated my OS on my BB, saved all my settings apps, and msgs and stuff. I even did the beta OS from other carriers and stuff, gotta do the backup.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
What backup are you guys using, and does it allow you to restore just the apps and data, without restoring OS or config files?