Whats the difference?

droidphone23

Reaction score
ok, so I have Moto Droid and I was just wondering what the difference was between that and the D2. If u could tell me that would be great thx!!!dancedroid:motdroidvert:dancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz:

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Slightly different design..slightly, 1ghz processor..aaannnddd a locked bootloader :(

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Slightly different design..slightly, 1ghz processor..aaannnddd a locked bootloader :(

I don't think you can get the d2 anymore, the D2 Global is available. I think that's 1200 ghz processor and of course it's a world phone.

I had to activate my D1 while Verizon sent me a D2 and there is a huge difference in speed between the two phone. Also the D2 has Moto Blur, some people like it some don't.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
^Its a 1200 Mhz cpu, 1.2 Ghz.

As for differences, the D2G has Motoblur, while the D1 was just plain ol Android with out any major modifications to the UI. The bootload is locked as said above, so you cant flash a custom recovery, but the Droid 2 Bootstrap app allows us to bypass this to some extent. The stock recovery remains in tact and you need to use the bootstrap app to launch clockwork recovery to be bale to flash roms. Despite the lockdown, yes roms will work. I run Liberty Rom made for the D2 on the D2G think to the Get R Done Romer tool which will convert SOME D2 roms to work on the D2G. It also sports 8GB of internal storage vs 512MB for the D1, more RAM as well.

OP
droidphone23

droidphone23

Reaction score
thx

thx for all the answers, I just wanted to know what they did to improve on the D1 so thx again!!!

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The only real improvement is the hardware. The down side so far is a lack of dev support and the locked bootloader. The main problem with the bootloader is we are unable to modify the kernal. The few D2G native roms we have are good roms if your not looking for anything with alot of modability like themes and tweaks which is why I like the Liberty Rom. Dont be put of though. It really is a great phone despite its downfalls.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
ok, so I have Moto Droid and I was just wondering what the difference was between that and the D2. If u could tell me that would be great thx!!!dancedroid:motdroidvert:dancedroid:motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz::motdroidhoriz:

The build quality of the phone feels a lot better. The headphone jack is stronger, the phone feels less like plastic, the camera button doesn't have peel off paint, etc. The software is a downgrade though with motoblur causing frequent reboots.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The software is a downgrade though with motoblur causing frequent reboots.

The reboots is something that I would say affects a small percentage of users when looking at the larger picture, and there has yet to be proof that this is blurs fault. The debate continues.

bishoy

Reaction score
The reboots is something that I would say affects a small percentage of users when looking at the larger picture, and there has yet to be proof that this is blurs fault. The debate continues.

I dont care where the fault lies, all i know is my D2 restarts at least once or twice a day and my D1 never did

Edit: And im not too sure its just a small percentage of people who experience it

Last edited: