Whats the best wifi on at home app???

tdog7879

Reaction score
I just got into using the wifi just for the reason of youtube comes right up in hq. So what is a good app that will auto turn my wifi on when I'm at home. Also how is the app on batt. Life?? Thanks for any help

impmonkey

Reaction score
locale will do that. you just have to use your gps all the time.

OP
tdog7879

tdog7879

Reaction score
Isn't there one that can turn wifi based on satellite locations??? So we wouldn't have to use GPS?

lemodular

Reaction score
The post above your's pointed to the app you are referring. BTW, GPS uses satellites to locate your possition.

skiahh

Reaction score
Ammm, I think you just tell it to use wifi when available. I haven't set any locales or anything else and when I get home, it just connects to my router. Seamless and no action on my part.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Ammm, I think you just tell it to use wifi when available. I haven't set any locales or anything else and when I get home, it just connects to my router. Seamless and no action on my part.

The issue with this is, that it will use extra battery power.

Leaving the WiFi antenna on all the time, means that it will be constantly checking for service which in turn equals more battery drain.

For a while I was always turning WiFi on when I would get home, but 3G is quick enough for almost any thing. The only time IMO WiFi is ever really needed is when you're downloading a large file or video, other wise 3G is usually sufficient.

DjSmooth

Reaction score

Leaving the WiFi antenna on all the time, means that it will be constantly checking for service which in turn equals more battery drain.

For a while I was always turning WiFi on when I would get home, but 3G is quick enough for almost any thing. The only time IMO WiFi is ever really needed is when you're downloading a large file or video, other wise 3G is usually sufficient.

There is a WiFi Switch in the "Beautiful Widget" set in the Market

cecco77

Reaction score
Locale has never worked well for me, so for changing settings like wifi and volume I use timeriffic. Works great. I set it for day, night and work and let it do its thing. I highly recommend it.

OP
tdog7879

tdog7879

Reaction score
Thanks.
.for all the info..especially post above

OP
tdog7879

tdog7879

Reaction score
Thanks.
.for all the info..especially post above

skiahh

Reaction score

Hmm.... never thought about the battery part. Home++ has a great power bar that lets you control Wifi, BT, GPS, sync and brightness with one touch.