whats the best live radio app?

MHMcGrath

Reaction score
In Cherry you input the url of the radio station's feed. The url can be found at the web site of the station or can be searched with any of the soundcast software pkgs or similar pkgs for other feed conglomerates (they usually present the full, articulated url of the feed).

MHMcGrath

Reaction score
In Cherry you input the url of the radio station's feed. The url can be found at the web site of the station or can be searched with any of the soundcast software pkgs or similar pkgs for other feed conglomerates (they usually present the full, articulated url of the feed).
Example: http://94.228.208.90:8120 <<this one happens to be one of my classical favorites. Try it:)

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Example: http://94.228.208.90:8120 <<this one happens to be one of my classical favorites. Try it:)
Where do you get a url that has numbers in it? Ill keep seaching and see.
I use http://streamcenter.com/pda/
there you can search by state then scroll through the call signs. I have ARadioOnline set to play mp3 streams by default so it loads that player. But you can use the original player I believe. works great for me.

Here I don't know what I'm looking for. That link doesn't take me to a radio station. What do I. Do when I go to the link?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Told this story before on a similar thread so apologies for the repetition for those that have heard it.

My wife and I adopted a five year old daughter from Siberia last summer. She rapidly picked up English but we felt bad about not being able to provide her with more of her "roots."

Downloaded RadioTime and found that it includes a number of Russian stations including several devoted to children's programming. When I connected my droid to speakers my daughter was delighted to hear songs you knew from Russia.

As they say, RadioTime, three dollars; the look on my daughter's face, priceless.

All in all, RadioTime's worldwide coverage sets it apart from its competitors. It's a GREAt app.

souljerr

Reaction score
Just gotta say the suggestions here have been great! Good job folks. Now I can hear my SF Giants on the road (my car radio receprion sucks).

paulhusker

Reaction score
there you can search by state then scroll through the call signs. I have ARadioOnline set to play mp3 streams by default so it loads that player. But you can use the original player I believe. works great for me.

Here I don't know what I'm looking for. That link doesn't take me to a radio station. What do I. Do when I go to the link?

Try entering this URL manually: The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G That's weird on how that above link takes you to a different website. That URL is correct. Once you are listening to a stream from that site on the AOR player, you can push the red heart button to save as a favorite. It has to be an mp3 stream, though.

Has anybody here run across a player that streams WMP streams?

Edit: Whoa, I didn't type all that in...bottom line-type in thestreamcenter.com/pda into your phone's browser along w/ having the XiiaLive Lite or AOR player installed. Then you'll be in bizness!

Last edited:
OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score

Try entering this URL manually: The Mobile Stream Center USA - Listen to United States Radio Stations on your Pocket PC, Palm, iPhone, iPod touch, Smartphone, or other PDA or mobile device via Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G That's weird on how that above link takes you to a different website. That URL is correct. Once you are listening to a stream from that site on the AOR player, you can push the red heart button to save as a favorite. It has to be an mp3 stream, though.

Has anybody here run across a player that streams WMP streams?

Edit: Whoa, I didn't type all that in...bottom line-type in thestreamcenter.com/pda into your phone's browser along w/ having the XiiaLive Lite or AOR player installed. Then you'll be in bizness!

Well LUKLUK plays WMP, but when I search for my station it says that the link is only for PDA's and phones, but I'm searching on my phone. Idk oh well

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Yey I email the station and they told me Iheart radio has it. I never tried that one cause it has bad ratings, but it works great for me. Thanks for everyones responses. Peeeeaace!!!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just gotta say the suggestions here have been great! Good job folks. Now I can hear my SF Giants on the road (my car radio receprion sucks).

Sorry to disappoint you but as you may have already discovered, the internet feeds of AM broadcasts of MLB games are disabled. Your only option is to purchase the "At Bat" app on the Market.

BillBubbles

Reaction score
WCBS News Radio 88

Slacker and I-heart-radio are good (and free), but I couldn't get WCBS News Radio 88 or 1010 WINS news stations in NYC. Then I found "tuneIn" radio (free) in the Marketplace, and that gave me those two news stations and a lot more.

Last edited:

agreco60

Reaction score
Try Flycast...I am in Buffalo, N.Y. and they have some of my am/fm stations for free...

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are there any apps that have Clear Station apps besides I Heart Radio? IHR has lots of buffering issues at times, and wanted to know if there are any other options out there.