What's everyone using for pc-to-phone media management?

deek

Reaction score
Last night, I was using VCast Media Manager to move video files from my PC to the phone. Some were smaller 200 meg files and some were nearly a gig in file size. I only uploaded a few videos, but it seemed to take forever! A lot longer than I would have thought..

Mostly, it takes the longest while 'preparing file', the uploading upon completion of preparing file seems to go reasonably fast.

Is there any other better options available that may be quicker?

cromo8

Reaction score
drop box app from the market is a beast

you drag an drop files into this folder on your comp and your phone syncs up to it, and its free up to 2 gigs at a time, you can purchase more, or earn up to 10 gigs by inviting friends

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
check out double twist. works with itunes too

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
It happened to me before and I reboot my phone and its been working fine since them. Try that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I use my mouse to move files from droid to pc and vice versa. Never saw a need for one, when i can simply drag and drop. And yeah, the SD card's write time is very slow compared to other devices such as portable hard drives. Its a class 2 card so transfers to the card will be at or slightly above 2MB/s, so for a gig, thats about 512 seconds give/take.

OP
D

deek

Reaction score
I use my mouse to move files from droid to pc and vice versa. Never saw a need for one, when i can simply drag and drop. And yeah, the SD card's write time is very slow compared to other devices such as portable hard drives. Its a class 2 card so transfers to the card will be at or slightly above 2MB/s, so for a gig, thats about 512 seconds give/take.

I understand the idea of transfers generally being slow. I am assuming that VCast Media Manager was preparing the file to be able to be read by my phone correctly. Just wondering if there was any other programs that work quickly. I will try the rebooting of the phone method, and see if that helps at all.

Took me awhile to figure out that I needed to be on USB Drive mode to have VCast Media Mgr recognize my X.

And I accidently uploaded all my pictures on my hdd w/o even meaning to w/ the media mgr as well. That was a pain to delete them all.

Thanks for the reboot suggestion.

garath

Reaction score

I understand the idea of transfers generally being slow. I am assuming that VCast Media Manager was preparing the file to be able to be read by my phone correctly. Just wondering if there was any other programs that work quickly. I will try the rebooting of the phone method, and see if that helps at all.

Took me awhile to figure out that I needed to be on USB Drive mode to have VCast Media Mgr recognize my X.

And I accidently uploaded all my pictures on my hdd w/o even meaning to w/ the media mgr as well. That was a pain to delete them all.

Thanks for the reboot suggestion.

The mass storage mode with drag and drop will be the quickest.