what's been up lately with the stock browser on 4.1.2 aosp roms?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've searched around the internet but haven't found anything. My stock aosp browser has been bugging out lately. What happens is if i load a heavy page (droid-life does this all the time) the loading goes up most of the way, pauses for a second, and i get booted off fhe browser. It just closes out to my home screen. Then if i open the browser again, its either the page i was just at, which will be fully loaded, or it starts over on google, which then proceeds to refresh over and over again on its own. Odd, it has never done this before. I tried different kernels, roms, factory resets, i wiped everything each time. And it still keeps doing this. I dont get it. It even happens on my friends epic 4g touch, so i dont think its just my device. I've been resorting to using chrome for now, which is somewhat wonky. I would love to remedy this issue. Can anyone help, and importanly, has this been going on with anyone else? Background: i have a rooted, unlocked d2vzw, running paranoid android (latest) and leankernel 1.10 experimental. Cpu is stock, gpu is oc'd.
Thanks in advance!

Edit: what gets me the most, is that a few days ago this would never happen! It just started happening for seemingly no reason!

Btw, the other roms i tried were: cm10 latest nightly, paranoid android (of course), liquidsmooth, latest, and king kang. My buddy is on cm10 build 2 on his epic 4g touch. I tried each with their stock kernels as well as leankernel.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Interesting issue, can't say I know what's up...

...but I do think this is in the wrong forum. Might want to ask in the D2 forum instead of the GS3 forum...

OP
A
Reaction score
Interesting issue, can't say I know what's up...

...but I do think this is in the wrong forum. Might want to ask in the D2 forum instead of the GS3 forum...
D2vzw=verizon galaxy s3 btw...

It seems this issue is affecting just about everyone i know with an android device, using their devices stock browser. This is getting annoying and its absolutely ridiculous that this issue isnt getting more attention

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well if it were me I'd just go with GS3 to prevent any confusion, considering how D2vzw looks exactly like Droid 2 verizon wireless. Whatever works I guess...

OP
A
Reaction score
D2vzw is commonly used to refer to the verizon gs3. Odd i know as it most def looks like droid 2. But check out the forums, especially dev forums. D2vzw is used to refer to the vzw s3 all over the place.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
No, no I believe you. And I do frequent several forums....and none of them call it D2vzw. Can't say i've even seen it at XDA, don't go there as often and maybe a few times and thought it was D2, but generally I see GS3.

But it really doesn't matter, just be aware you might have this conversation a few more times if you use your way :p