droid razr m xt907 4.1.2 ..info about root, safestrap recovery, roms,to fix brick

celticpayne

Reaction score
hello i am a droid lover... hate anything apple...
i have DROID RAZR M XT907 4.1.2 and would like to share issues i have had and hope to get full solution for any and all problems..

1.. when i got my phone first thing i did was (root) . i used (((motofail2go jb superuser))) program... it worked fine, fast and easy..
2.. then i installed (((safestrap recovery 3.12))) with no problem.. but must have root before it will work.
3.. then after rebooting and entering safestrap recovery.. you are able to install up to 5 roms counting stock rom.
4.. i did a backup of the (stock rom) and installed (cm10 rom) in slot 1..
doing this allowed me to have both stock rom and custom rom on my phone and bounce back and forth when i wanted..

(((my problem with this))) having two roms at once took allot space and then if you take in count of apps downloaded... it can give you a lagging result ...
i was only able to have two roms installed because of lack of memory.
((I SCREWED UP)) when i wanted to only have one rom and replace stock rom with cm10..
i thought that since i backed up stock rom.... and cm10 rom... that if i was on custom rom and i did a (recovery) on stock changing it to cm10 ..
thinking i would have more memory and the rom i liked...

NOPE... didnt work. when i would try to load under stock it would not load rom, just loop the moto logo and safestrap..
i could still enter safestrap and use cm10 in slot one but stock slot not work
i could still enter main boot loader ....
i tried to recover stock rom back on the stock slot in safestrap but it would fail...by then i new it was a bad thing and made worse when i did a whipe and cach clean on stock... SURE ENOUGH.... i got soft brick..

stuck in fastboot white screen saying device locked ... could not get past it...
tried using (DROIDRAZRUTILITY 1.82) and option one to get operating system back to stock.. all i get was failed messages phone reboot a few times ... didnt help at all...
tried (droidrazrutility 1.10) and halfway through it phone turns off. and that was it (HARD BRICK) PHONE IS A PAPERWEIGHT
WOULD NOT TURN ON NOT EVEN USING POWER AND DOWN BUTTONS ... MOST I GET IS SOLID GREEN LIGHT JUST FOR A MIN MAX AND THAT WAS ONLY IF IT WAS PLUGGED INTO WALL ...
BEFORE i used droidrazrutility i tried using (rsd light) but it would not even detect the phone...
i got to turn my phone in for my replacement and will root again safestrap so i can use cm10 and will leave stock alone..
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY (((DROID RAZR UTILIY))) DID NOT WORK
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO FIX SOFT BRICK WHEN STUCK IN FASTBOOT....if for any reason it should happen again.
and would like to know if there is any possable way to replace stock rom with cm10 without killing space with two roms.
and why no matter what rom it is why the stock bootloader willnot install any roms or backups gives me a (verification fail)
.....ANYWAYS... that is my experience with the droid razr m xt907.
any one know of proper program to use to fix soft bricks, rom/operating system.. would love it.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

I am gonna move your post over into the Razr subsection - I think you might get a few responses...good luck!

brandon71

Reaction score
Well for one the utility 1.82 is not for the RAZR m it's for the RAZR and that's what bricked you its nearly impossible to recover from flashing an OMAP kernel to a Qualcomm phone

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
celticpayne

celticpayne

Reaction score
Yeah utility 1.82 didn't work and utility 1.10 bricked me. I continued research and found I should have use utility 1.20. I did a step by step post on droidrazrm.com

brandon71

Reaction score
Yeah utility 1.82 didn't work and utility 1.10 bricked me. I continued research and found I should have use utility 1.20. I did a step by step post on droidrazrm.com

The utility's work fine if you know what your doing I haven't heard of anybody coming back after flashing the wrong utility

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2