What would be a nice stable root for a x2

Gonzo79

Reaction score
Im new to this but would like to speed up my phone and get rid of some crapware. My freind is sapostae help me out but id like to learn more any way. Any advice id apdeciat it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rttwlr7

Reaction score
try "pete's motorola root tools" its quick and easy! can be found on google.

robert70

Reaction score
I've been looking for something too, thanks for the answer, also I kinda wondered about the whole one click thing.

Jackfire

Reaction score
Did you try Petes Root tools and how did it work for you ?

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I was very nervous, but used Petes Root tools and it went off flawlessly. I have since backed up my apps with Titanium Backup, and used Metamorph to change my battery icon in Notification bar, and the bar background, and also the X2 dock background from white to black!

NWKENT

Reaction score
without a doubt..use SuperOneClick..Pete's reboots the phone at least twice, and takes way to long, SuperOneClick roots the phone with NO reboot..and 90 % faster than Pete's..I used Pete's until I stumbled onto SuperOneClick..after the first use, I donated to this software..Works absolutly flawless and effortlessly on my (2) Droid X's and my (2) Droid X2's.. LOOK NO FUTHER than SuperOneClick.. BE SURE and go to..Settings/Applications/Unknown sources/ put a check in the box..and then scroll down to Development/USB debugging, put a check in the box there to..then back out all the way to main screen..and thats it..nothing to it..do this to your phone before you plug it into your computer.. load SuperOneClick onto your computer ofcourse..lol..

sent by my DROID X2_2_Red Eclipse'd & Kraken'd

Droid 51

Reaction score
I'm looking to root my DX2 so will Pete's or super one click work on 2.3.4 I just upgrade from a DX to DX2 and I would really like root back they screwed me on the DX with the 621

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

NWKENT

Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY..
SuperOneClick < look no futher..
Once you get everything install onto your computer..this software will root the Droid X and Droid X2..with eaze..I have rooted all the ROMs for the X and X2 with SuperOneClick..do as I mentioned earlier here..and you will actually enjoy rooting your phone..

Any confusion or troubles..contact me, I have a simple instruction sheet..and if you need all the files..I'll be tickled to help out..

sent by my Droid X2_2 Red Eclipse'd & Kraken'd

CamoCustom

Reaction score
^^ Does the superoneclick add the SU as well? And when unrooting, why is there no way to remove the SuperUser app? Its the only thing That stops me from rooting new Bionic, I want to be able to unroot, then have the super user gone without having to wipe data or factory reset.