1% battery hack

MelissaAnn

Reaction score
My Droid x2 is rooted but stock other than that. I like it this way just wondering if there is a way to make the battery read in 1% increments instead if 10%. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Most custom ROMs have 1% increments already included. Unless you know a lot about Android systems I wouldn't try implementing it on your own as it's a rather large undertaking.

Sent from my Android device.

OP
M

MelissaAnn

Reaction score
Most custom ROMs have 1% increments already included. Unless you know a lot about Android systems I wouldn't try implementing it on your own as it's a rather large undertaking.

So far the only rom I have found that I like has a few bugs I can't seem to get fixed. I am using one I found on the FDA forum for my x2 but it says superuser Google books and you tube need to be updated but it says package file not signed and so when I use titanium backup to uninstall them it won't let me reinstall them. It would not be a huge issue but I use those apps quite a bit and it is annoying only seeing my x2 battery in 10 or 20% increments.....

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Eclipse or liberty roms don't have any issues like that and they both have 1% increments

OP
M

MelissaAnn

Reaction score
Here's my detailed guide too installing the newest eclipse v2.0.2

[GUIDE] How to install Eclipse 2.0.1

I am trying to remember if I tried Eclipse or not. My thing is that I am super super picky and I absolutely love the look of the stock x2. And finding a rom for this phone that has not revreted back to the old appearance has been rather difficult. I like the photo gallery on the stock x2 and also many other features. Guess beggars cant be choosers though. If I want my apps back I might either have to stick with stock and no 1% battery increments or a different rom and sacrifice the appearance that I really like. Thanks for the advice and the link to the eclipse rom though, I will check it out.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am trying to remember if I tried Eclipse or not. My thing is that I am super super picky and I absolutely love the look of the stock x2. And finding a rom for this phone that has not revreted back to the old appearance has been rather difficult. I like the photo gallery on the stock x2 and also many other features. Guess beggars cant be choosers though. If I want my apps back I might either have to stick with stock and no 1% battery increments or a different rom and sacrifice the appearance that I really like. Thanks for the advice and the link to the eclipse rom though, I will check it out.

Eclipse won't look like stock, no ROM will. That's the point of ROMs, change stock appearance and increase performance.

You could add the 1% increments but I'm guessing it's way over your head (no offense). If you want to research it further your best bet would be checking around xda forums where the mod originated. You might even find a stock deodexed version with the mod already implemented.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think I can help you out but you'll need to send me a file.

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

If you can send me that I can set up a flashable zip for you. Also your version number. 2.3.4 or 2.3.3.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One other thing, if you download rom toolbox from the market pick out a new battery icon that has 1% increments that you like I'll set it up with that icon. Just make sure it's 1%, you can just give me the name of it.

azdrifter

Reaction score
I think i posted this on your other post but if I didn't here is a link to the XDA forums there is a rom there in the list called Moto-Ginger-Funk that is just a de-bloated and de-odexed version of Moto Blur you might like that but i'm not really sure if there is support for that rom or not?
[REF] Roms, Root, SBF, RSD, Bootstrap, Mods - xda-developers