What tweaks are you root users doing?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Finally decided to wipe the phone and root today thanks to DroidModderX's great video

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-note-3/255731-how-root-verizon-galaxy-note-3-a.html

Saw this over at XDA and I just had to do it

Spen Sound Pack[Team Venum] - xda-developers

Didn't flash it since we don't have custom recovery, just copied the files I wanted over the stock ones with Root Explorer. Now it sounds like a light saber when I pull out my S-Pen and the same for putting it back in.

Curious what others are doing since we don't have a custom recovery yet or the safety net of the stock ODIN files. Anyone getting brave and trying some cool stuff? Knox security safe of course.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have used xPosed installer with the Wanam Module, S Pen Window Manager (add more apps to the S Pen window) and themed my notification / quick setting toggles.

xPosed Framework - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.3.1)(10.10.2013) - xda-developers

Wanam - [APP][4.2+][2.2.0][Touchwiz] Wanam Xposed | Customize your Stock Samsung Roms - xda-developers

S Pen Window App - [APP] [v2] PEN Window Manager - Easily Enable Apps for PEN Window - xda-developers

Toggle Themer - [Xposed] XQuick Settings Toggles Themer - xda-developers or Some themes for XQuick Settings Toggles Themer - xda-developers (use one or the other, the 2nd has more themes but is same module ;))...

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ah yes, I grabbed the S Pen Windows app earlier as well. Very cool.

Just installed Xposed, had it on my S4 as well great app.

Now the only other things I am considering is a new boot animation, have to get rid of that ugly full screen Verizon logo.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
There is a thread for that LOL...they made several that you could just rename the file and drop them in...I hadn't taken that step yet :) so let me know how it goes!

KaChow

Reaction score
I have yet to attempt this hack at the moment, but I'm sure many will and the Developer needs no introduction, that is if you have ROOT you can Thank him for it.

As All of YOU THAT OWN A SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3, the box that your device arrived in contained a sticker that if received in the North or South America, read, “American Model: This product is only compatible with a SIM-card issued from a mobile operator within the Americas. (The North, South and Central Americas and the Carribbean.) While packaging stickers, labeling, restrictions, mean very little to many consumers, there is a community that takes an interest in their rights of ownership.

Here is the link to Chainfire's XDA thread RegionLock Away which is an App (that is not Free) [APP][2013.10.05] RegionLock Away [ROOT] - xda-developers

[video=youtube;cE7wrCBUs_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cE7wrCBUs_Y[/video]

*On a Note, may want to keep an eye out on this App, watch as other US Carriers get it working, just a reminder our SIM card is underneath the MicroSD card and it can be removed. :biggrin:

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
There is a thread for that LOL...they made several that you could just rename the file and drop them in...I hadn't taken that step yet :) so let me know how it goes!

Alright I give up. How did you get your transparent notification menu?

I am not seeing that option anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

I didn't mess with that myself - but if it is not in Wanam, check XBlast Tools in the Play Store - I know some of used aspects of it on the Note 3 (I actually use for Full Screen Caller ID)...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+

Like this?
a8equvy9.jpg

If so Wanam

N3 tapa

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad