TWRP and Root Now Available For All Note 5 Variants Except ATT and Verizon

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The Galaxy Note 5 now has root thanks to a pre rooted kernel from developer "Manh_IT". His method for root simply involves flashing a custom recovery to your device and then flashing his prerooted kernel via recovery. The only downside here is that this method will trip Knox which means that you won't be able to use security-relevant services like Samsung Pay. There may be a root method later on from Chainfire that does not trip knox, but for now this is the only way.

To root your device check enable OEM unlock in the developer settings. Next flash the kernel via Odin. Once the kernel is flashed simply install SuperSU from the Play Store. There is also a link for TWRP at the link below. This will not work on ATT or Verizon obviously.

via XDA

shizumie

Reaction score
Two questions.
1 why wasn't this work for att/Verizon? Is it the black screen Knox trip?
2 does this bring s6 edge plus any closer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I'm really getting sick of Verizon. I can't develop for crap because every device on Verizon, that's worth developing for, is locked down so tight, nobody wants to bother trying to crack it. That's one reason I got the Note 4, but it's looking like it will never have true root (permenant), let alone a bootloader unlock/bypass. So sad. Wish Project Fi would hurry up! Lol. I could do plenty with the Nexus 6, but I'm not getting one until I can use it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I wouldn't expect this to change anytime soon.
This is obviously good for business owners and large corporations because it used to be, they would only allow BlackBerry or Apple devices due to security reasons. Over the past few years more & more companies allow AT&T & Verizon branded Android devices, BECAUSE they are locked down. Point is, they make more by catering to the business community than they do with the ever declining modding community. (Unfortunately)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I will say it again... SO SO happy to have left Verizon.. AT&T is close second with lock down But we get to used unlocked phones... which is the big big difference...

NexusSix