What to do after root?

Vengenz

Reaction score
Ok I'm new to the rooting stuff... Anyways I had to get an incredible thru insurance cause my droid broke :( I'd rather have the droid back tbh, anyways I rooted the phone with the unrevoked thing.

So what now? What are must downloads? I also want to save everything like apps and crap to my SD card instead of the phone so it saves the phone memory... Thanks!

droidjeg

Reaction score
I have wireless tether, SETCPU since I'm overclocked to 1.15, incredilight (use the LED lights for flash light. These are just a few that I use

PCweber

Reaction score
So I installed a teathering app. What else is cool to have after getting rooted? I overclocked my original Droid but I have not found my Pro getting "laggy" yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I installed a teathering app. What else is cool to have after getting rooted? I overclocked my original Droid but I have not found my Pro getting "laggy" yet.

:shocked: You mean to say that you're reporting a positive outcome? :shocked:;)

Yours is most likely the typical experience, most people who do report there experiences only do so because they have a complaint. Doesn't mean the majority of people are having a lagging issue.

jhalsey205

Reaction score

My root friendly apps (in addition to wifi tether) include:

• AutoKiller Memory Optimizer
  • SetCPU (i have a profile set to scale down to 300 when screen is off)
  • Titanium Backup (i have a bunch of the "juink" i don't use frozen or uninstalled - this results in much improved battery life)

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Titanium is a must...I don't really use it to restore my full system, but it makes it SOOOO much easier installing apps back, after new ROMS, and the freeze option. *in paid version* is the best

Sent from my Droid