What ROM & Kernel are you guys running?

powerwagon

Reaction score
Also keeping things stock right now. I'm trying to learn more about 4.02 before deciding what I want to do later. I would like to see CM9 make things more efficient on the battery usage, but that's about all I'm really looking for. ANY ROM that improves battery life will be a massive hit!

ROM most likely will not improve battery life, but kernel will. Give leankernel a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

appdaddy

Reaction score
Anyone using/ see the 3500amh extended battery and case for the.gnex???? Holy cow!!! Haha. Thought about getting it though..... Which kernal would be best though???? 1.1ghz or just 1ghz???? Havent rooted yet but i am going to. I am unlocked though. Question #4 How do i make a backup of my gnex as it is now? Do i lose all my data after wiping my device like i did w the bootloader?? Or am i safe wiping when i flash roms? Bc i NEED my backups!!! Haha.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Make sure it's for 4.0.2 most kernels floating around are for 4.0.3.

That goes without saying... I'm kinda getting advice and information until the official 4.0.3 and radio's come out. By then I may know the direction I want to take with this beast. The OG I ran was good rooted, with some minor customization. The Viewsonic G-tab I use is really happy on Cyanogen 7, so if I rom it will probably be with CM9. It's alot of fun, and a great learning experience. And I don't have to shoot anyone to get the intel!

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm rocking Gummyjar with the included kernel. Rom is awesome, but the kernel didn't do much for battery life from what I can tell. I might seek out a different kernel.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I'm rocking Gummyjar with the included kernel. Rom is awesome, but the kernel didn't do much for battery life from what I can tell. I might seek out a different kernel.

I'm running GummyJar tpoo. I installed the Tuna 3.0.13 and getting decent battery life on the On Demand setting with max speed set to 1350. The kernel that came with GJ sucked the life out of my battery.

Nate

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running GummyJar tpoo. I installed the Tuna 3.0.13 and getting decent battery life on the On Demand setting with max speed set to 1350. The kernel that came with GJ sucked the life out of my battery.

Nate

I was wondering about this, my battery life has not been great - but not terrible either. 10-12 hours a day. Where's the Tuna?

zathus

Reaction score
Rootzboat! With the kernal it comes with. Thus far great battery life, fast, and smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nateccnn

Reaction score
I was wondering about this, my battery life has not been great - but not terrible either. 10-12 hours a day. Where's the Tuna?

Geeze...I don't even know where I got it. Probably rootswiki. But since I posted that I installed lean kernel and have to say it is much better.

Right now I am trying the new kernel that ships with the newest gummyjar rom and it is better than it was a few days ago. But I think I will go back to lean kernel. It seemed like the best so far.

dagdoot

Reaction score
Gummy nex with the lean kernal thats included with it. My phone now goes into "deep sleep" and idle battery life is greatly inproved over stock. I have not had any problems with any apps as of yet, google wallet works flawlessly.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Gummynex has lean kernel built in

well...that explains why its not getting better life that I expected. Was thinking of flashing to ROM again to get the kernel that comes with GJ. Guess there is no need for that.

Nate

orion2001

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance :), but is there any 4.0.2 based Kernel that allows undervolting?