What phone should I get? (Verizon)

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Most people can overclock to 1.2. Very few (I think I've seen only one person with this problem) are unable to overclock to 1.0. I haven't seen anyone that hasn't been able to overclock to 800. So you are safe to think that you will have a Droid running at 1.0 ghz.
What prevents some phones from being able to do it, and others not? Aswell, are their any roms that allow more than 3 screens for the droid?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some phones just can't handle it..not that the processor is bad, maybe it wasn't built as wel as others. Yes you can have 5 screens, going up to 9.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Some phones just can't handle it..not that the processor is bad, maybe it wasn't built as wel as others. Yes you can have 5 screens, going up to 9.
So heres what I got understand so far. Really if I was to pick the droid over the incredible, here are the three things id lose (based off here Motorola Droid vs. Droid Incredible Comparison | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog ):
-256 less ram - Will that be that much of an impact?
-3 mega pixels less on my camera - not to horrible, my girl has a 12 megapixel camera, and my sister and step mom have a SLR camera
-FM tuner - favorite radio station streams online, shouldnt be a real problem

Anything else?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So heres what I got understand so far. Really if I was to pick the droid over the incredible, here are the three things id lose (based off here Motorola Droid vs. Droid Incredible Comparison | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog ):
-256 less ram - Will that be that much of an impact?
-3 mega pixels less on my camera - not to horrible, my girl has a 12 megapixel camera, and my sister and step mom have a SLR camera
-FM tuner - favorite radio station streams online, shouldnt be a real problem

Anything else?
-No
-Incredibles Camera is much better but unless you use your phone as your primary camera I don't see why you need a great camera, the Droids is good enough
-This isn't unlocked yet for the Inc.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
-No
-Incredibles Camera is much better but unless you use your phone as your primary camera I don't see why you need a great camera, the Droids is good enough
Alright sir, congratulations, you have convinced me. Im getting the droid. One last question, should I root before the 2.2 release, or after? If I root the 2.1 droid, and the official 2.2 comes out (i know there is unofficial releases), and I install it, will it still be rooted?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
-No
Alright sir, congratulations, you have convinced me. Im getting the droid. One last question, should I root before the 2.2 release, or after? If I root the 2.1 droid, and the official 2.2 comes out (i know there is unofficial releases), and I install it, will it still be rooted?

Thanks for the grats. What's my prize? Lol. No unofficial updates will unroot you. But just stay rooted, developers release rooted and optimized versions of official updates.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Thanks for the grats. What's my prize? Lol. No unofficial updates will unroot you. But just stay rooted, developers release rooted and optimized versions of official updates.
A gratz is your prize lol. So what your saying is once the official froyo comes out, a rooted froyo will come out? And I should just get the rooted froyo

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes just get the rooted Froyo. I think a thank you for sticking with you for an hour would be a good prize =)

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Yes just get the rooted Froyo. I think a thank you for sticking with you for an hour would be a good prize =)

Well thanks a ton man. Heres Vince Young throwing you a pass to thankyou
vince-young-Mcnairs-kids.jpg

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol thanks.

OP
Fault

Fault

Reaction score
Yea gonna get the Droid on the 21st, gonna keep an eye on the droid 2 and droid x to see how good they are. If I want to return, I will