What is the latest and greatest Droid ph for verizon?

The_Dude

Reaction score
First time looking into these phones.

Reason I want the new phone is my old samsung cant do gmail.

I use gmail for personal and business reasons.

And need full integration with my gmail account AND calendar.

What is the best droid phone (now or in the next few months)?

I'd love to be online soon. 29.95 gets email and unlimited web access, right?

OP
T

The_Dude

Reaction score
I dont even know what the most recent phones/releases are guys. Please give me a heads up. Droid 2 is the latest?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
The most recent Droid phone is the Droid 2. I have it and it's great. However the Droid X was released a month before it, and they have pretty much the same specs, except the DX screen is larger with no physical keyboard and the D2 has a smaller screen but has a physical keyboard. DX can also record video at 720p and has 8 MP while D2 only has a 5 MP (but you can't really tell the difference seeing 2 pictures side by side).

smilepak

Reaction score
Don't forget samsung fascinate. It uses andrsdoid and was released last week.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lerit50

Reaction score
I would say that the droid X and droid2 are the newest. I recommend the droid1 though. I have it and love it. Best you can do it read reviews and read about what people have to say about the phones on this forum.

I have had the droid1 since release day and it has never failed me. Its safe to say I love the phone and it was a great buy.

OP
T

The_Dude

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I think I prefer no physical keyboard and a bigger screen, so maybe I should consider the DX.

Why would one consider a D1 over a Dx ?

I keep hearing the HTC incredible has such a great touch response, and I like that very much, since I'm very quick with my fingers.

Keep the info coming...Thanks!!

lerit50

Reaction score
I prefer the D1 because of the physical keyboard. And, at the time, it was between that and the eris for android phones. Thats why I got it.

It must be said though that even though all these phones have nice features, you really can't go wrong with the android os.

My friend has the incredible and it is more powerful than the D1 with no keyboard. Its a head-turner too.

Pretty much narrow it down to the features you like and features you can live without.

With me I view it as "will I be happy with this phone for the 2 years before my next upgrade?"

The answer is yes with my D1 and thats why I love it.

OP
T

The_Dude

Reaction score
The Dude got the Samsung Fascinate tonight. I liked the big screen and don't like the Bing default search (which for now can NOT be changed). Seems like a cool phone. Hope it holds up to my abuse ;)

If anyone figures out how to change the default search to GOOGLE on this phone PLEASE tell me!

Thanks!!!