What is the best custom rom for Droid x?

darklight026

Reaction score
I was wanting to know what is the best custom rom for the dx.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mbh87

Reaction score
Its all personal preference. I would have to say GummyJAR tho.

OP
D

darklight026

Reaction score
I tried fission and liked it but I couldn't use the dx overclock app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I am running BBC Darkside 4.1. This is the 1st rom I am running with .340. Previously I have run Rubix 1.90 and ZapBazinga on Android Version 3.15.

It is about personal preference, but each of them are great. Battery life improves tremendously on all of these roms.

Desicrator

Reaction score
Yes definatly have to try them all out, we are all having our personal preferences, but here is what I have noticed buy either using myself or gathering from forums.

*-APEX - my first ROM, fast (like all of them) it comes with the best blur stuff (once again my own opinion), It has the Camera, Camcorder and I believe the Email. Slower on the new releases but always rock solid, slower releases = Less wiping so more time playing with phone less setting it up.

*-RubiX - VERY fast, No blur so need to Manually add the camera and any thing else you might want. Once again slower development since Drod is working on Fission, but also each update is Rock solid, again with the slower updates means less constant flashing and staying up all night :)

* - Fission - which I am currently using is much like Rubix, but since it is worked on by Team Defuse, has many different little features such as its own ROM Updater with alot of cool APKs and Themes so you don't need to surf the Forums to find them. Very fast development cycle so far like a new release at least every 4 days even if smaller. which means to stay on top alot more flashing.

^ I have used ^

v What I have read and gathered in my search for ROMS v

Blurry - by Drod - If you want the features of Blur this is the only way to go.
Chevy SSX - lots of Customization
Tranquility - by TBH thats all I need to say.

Well I have been using Fission and am really liking it, but I would defiantly try out each ROM, even tho they are all stellar. Because it all comes down to personal preference. Just be sure to wipe Cache and Data when you switch or 99% chance you will have issues.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Like the guys said its personal preference

But I gotta say this Gummyjar sure is fast!

arhicken

Reaction score
gummyjar is really fast and I love it but I think I might flash to fission later

Elysian

Reaction score
I've tried 3 now, ApeX, Rubix and DarkSlide. Rubix was alright but I like all the Blur stuff. I also didn't like that I had to format for Rubix or it'd boot loop. ApeX and DarkSlide both worked flawlessly without formatting, saves me a lot of time having to set up the phone. Of ApeX and DarkSlide, I prefer DarkSlide, but only just. It's just a hair faster.