what is odin mode?

MonKENy

Reaction score
I have some weird bootloader looking screen. says Downloading do not turn off target but I cant do anything on iy has the android with start over his head but pressing power doesnt do anything.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pull the battery and boot normally. You had the volume down button held down when you powered on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
but what is it for?

and now when I plug in my samsung it no longer see it as a device on the computer so I cant access the files anymore

I get an error that says hardware id is missing windows cannot identify the device plugged into the Samsung mobile usb composite device

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odin mode is the download mode Samsung puts your phone in order to do the equivalent of an SBF for a Moto device. Its another way to return your device to stock. But since its a Nexus, you can just use fastboot to do that.

As for your issue, what did you do right before this happened? Did you flash a new kernel? Did you enable a fast charge toggle?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
i did that stupid odin mode and battery pulled. . NM my comp BSOD and restarted. seems like that Im ok now.

I am trying to flash radios but it wont take the broadband one for some reason just the cdma