1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Accidentally Stuck in Odin Mode...

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by aretoodeetoo, Apr 22, 2012.

1. aretoodeetoo

aretoodeetoo New Member

Unrooted Galaxy Nexus. Phone was behaving strangely so I powered down intending to reboot. Must have accidentally hit the Vol down button when I hit the power button and now I'm looking at a Start Screen that says "Odin Mode" in the upper left corner. It has been on this screen for almost an hour while I search the forums here for more info on "Odin Mode"

The screen says "Downloading...Do not turn off target!!"

So what do I do? I just want to reboot my phone....can I turn it off/pull the battery or will this cause more problems?

I do not want to factory reset the phone or anything, just power it back up normally.

And I might add, something like this should not be able to happen by accident.
  2. nubby

nubby New Member

I had the same thing a few hours before your post. I tapped the power button and it booted normally, nothing lost.

Anyone know what ODIN Mode is?
    (Stock unrooted)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I know that I am a little late to the party, hope you figured it out by now, but you should be able to hold the power button to get out of Odin/Download mode. It won't reset or do anything to the phone. You can battery pull as well.

Odin mode is where you can go to flash new firmware, ROMs, through Odin. HTC and Moto have similar things (and different at the same time lol), with RUU and SBF files. I haven't seen much for the Galaxy Nexus that would make the Odin mode super useful.
  4. dcduring

dcduring New Member

Just happened to me.

I'm a simple soul. This seems a bit scary for a consumer product.

1. What exactly causes this to happen.

2. I guess it is a good thing that pressing start doesn't seem to do anything - or does it?
  5. pxzin

pxzin New Member

1. Powering on holding volume down

2. Don't worry, is for advanced usage (like install manually updates).

* Sorry for my bad english
  6. organic_light

organic_light New Member

It just happened to me and this was my first hit when googleing the issue. Just as instructed, powering down the device resolved the issue and I didn't loose anything. THANKS!
  7. PhotoGuyS13

PhotoGuyS13 New Member

Hey guys, so my S3 is still in an Odin Mode loop, States " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again....Done this several times. Kies no longer recognizes my phone. No really sure what happened...Was downloading the new 4.1.2(i think)
Search tags for this page

android odin mode

galaxy nexus odin mode
how to exit odin mode
how to get out of odin mode
nexus odin mode

odin mode

odin mode android
odin mode downloading
odin mode downloading stuck
odin mode galaxy nexus
odin mode samsung