pclever1

Reaction score
Hello, I have tried quite a few roms:
  • Liquid
  • Apex
  • Cyanogenmods 7
  • Ice cream sandwich (Cyanogenmods 9)
  • And some small ones
My question is what rom do you think is the best for the Droid 2 Global (Gingerbread, 2.3.3)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Like both MIUI ICS and CM9
Using CM9 now but no camera yet

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

OP
pclever1

pclever1

Reaction score
Ya, haha. Cm9 has so many bugs but I love it. I am in the process of making a few android apps and I need to have gingerbread so I need to find a new rom. I will look into miui, thank you.
Sent from my Droid2Global using DroidForums

areuling1

Reaction score
Without a doubt I like cm9 the best.

I loved liquid on my Droid1 and I really wanted to love it on the d2g but it just didn't happen. Half the settings wouldn't stick until after reboot and the other half would work at first but would reset after a reboot. A bit perplexing actually.

I have tried miui a couple times and have never really been impressed. I'm not sure why to be honest, it has nothing to do with how well it runs. I noticed a few small issues but they wouldn't be enough to keep from using the ROM if I liked it. But this ROM could be flawless and I still don't think I would like it. Go figure.

I have used liberty and apex but it's been awhile so I'm hazy on the specifics don't think I had any major issues with either one. The camera is rotated on liberty (I think) but that's not a big deal. And I seem to recall missing to notification widget on apex

Sent from my Droid2Global using Tapatalk

OP
pclever1

pclever1

Reaction score
Yes, I aggree cm9 is amazing but buggy at the moment, so I am now running miui (see above). I like miui now the most because of its originality and how little bugs it has, some apps crash at random

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

salasman

Reaction score
Good day,

I've tried CM, Liquid Smooth, Steel Droid, and MIUI at my Droid 1. Have the Droid 2 Global and tried APEX, MIUI. Prefer Liquid Smooth on Droid 1 and MIUI on Droid 2. I attempted CM 9 and CM 7 on Droid 2 and for the first time had to SBF because stuck M's. Over a year of smooth Rom'ing and now this. You guys are on CM9...was it a smooth install? I wiped system data and cache and even Dalvik cache before installing CM9 zip. Don't know what it was so difficult...any tips?

Oh well, at least you see my ROM list. I'm hooked on Rom'ing cause it's like getting a new phone every time...ha ha!

areuling1

Reaction score
I had to sbf once after I screwed up a ROM install, I forget which one though. LOL

I haven't had any problems installing cm7 or cm9 lately. I know that you have to make sure the kernel on your phone matches the kernel in the rom or you'll have issues

Sent from my Droid2Global using Tapatalk

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Best rom is always going to be up to the person using it. I prefer CM (both 7 and 9) over everything else I've used so far. Just because its mostly stable, it works, battery life is atleast decent, and its open source. Also, its nice being able to do a build whenever I decide I want one rather than having to wait on someone else to do it.

Liberty is another really good one but the dev's are busy with other roms/phones so it barely gets updated. Its also blur based =/