What did I do??? (new to Droid 2)

dnar

Reaction score
I was browsing through my contacts and I must of hit something. When I press the contact icon I just get a message "No recent status updates" and I don't see my contacts any more. What did I do and how do I reverse it???

dnar

OP
D

dnar

Reaction score
I found my answer, Here is another about Battery life

I am not sure what I did to cause the problem, but by holding my finger on the screen and sliding it around an image saying status update came on and after doing it a couple of times all my contacts displayed again.

Second question. How long should you be able to go between charging. I had a full charge when I went to bed and in the morning about half of the charge was gone. Do I have something running that is using up energy??

dnar

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
it happens, just swipe to the left or right till ur contact list appears.

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
all new phones need to be broken into so I say let it drain till about 15-20% before charging. give it awhile before improvement.
just remember to end/close ur apps properly so it doesn't keep running in the background.
check ur personal settings also for display, wiFi etc.
also there are battery saving apps u can try. I use juice defender and im a moderate user, with approx 15-22 hours. u can customize to ur needs. but again, there maybe other apps that may suit ur needs better....good luck

http://www.android.net/forum/introductions-site-assistance/58337-new-android-check-out.html

OP
D

dnar

Reaction score
Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to help. I've learned a lot about droid 2 since I bought it 2 days ago, but I know there is still a lot to learn. I upgraded from a blackberry and I really like the droid.

dnar

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first thing is do not worry about apps running in the background. Droid has an excellent OS and will close things as necessary. This will not affect your battery because even though they show running in the background they aren't actually in use.

You have a google phone. Your contacts are backed up in your gmail account. Now I'm not sure what happened to your contacts, but I'll bet you tapped the wrong group on your contact screen.

Now about the battery. These are lithium batteries and they do not require any conditioning. You should not let it run down completely too often, but if it happens it's ok. You can recharge it any time you like whether it's at 40% 60% or even 90%. It won't affect the life of the battery.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ur welcome. im a former original storm user and would never go back. lots to do with android, lots of free stuff. if u have questions, search a topic before asking. u be surprise many of ur questions may have been asked. if not, ask it in the appropriate section.
but hey, enjoy it

OP
D

dnar

Reaction score
Thanks Hook. I also downloaded Avaced Task Killer and it shows me what applications I have running.

dnar

Kimo91

Reaction score
I wouldn't use any task killer apps as it'll cause more problem Witt h your phone than its worth

sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2

chitala383

Reaction score
+1 on not using task killers. they are totally unnecessary. after getting rid of mine when i had my d2 my battery life improved by a solid 2+ hours

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
This is my first post and just some random thoughts, but here's what I've learned. Task killers + 2.2 or higher=bad. Google figured out how to manage apps within the OS and task killers mess it up and actually drain more battery. Li-ion batteries wear out. Its best to store them at moderate temperatures and at around 60% charge, but they still wear out.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App