What can I do to avoid the Update??

erikfig

Reaction score
So,

I'm running Froyo and BB v0.4 for a long time in my wife Droid and in Mine as well. Today I received the message about the system update. I chose install later but my question is. Does that update will install on its own eventually?? I don't want that freaking update. I know that Pete have the rooted version but I don't want to go over the hole freaking process of theming, rooting etc.

Does anybody knows a way to avoid the update for good?

Thanks in advance!

harrellj

Reaction score
Since you are rooted, that means you're using a custom recovery (either clockwork or sprecovery). This means that when the update tries to install, it will fail and it shouldn't prompt again. Pete also released a stopOTA script as well, if you're very nervous about it.

EbE404

Reaction score
So,

I'm running Froyo and BB v0.4 for a long time in my wife Droid and in Mine as well. Today I received the message about the system update. I chose install later but my question is. Does that update will install on its own eventually?? I don't want that freaking update. I know that Pete have the rooted version but I don't want to go over the hole freaking process of theming, rooting etc.

Does anybody knows a way to avoid the update for good?

Thanks in advance!

If you're rooted and have CW or SP Recovery flashed, accept the update, it will be blocked by the recovery, reboot. You'll keep the root and ROM and kill the notification.

papatar

Reaction score
received the update today and did exactly as EbE404 and others said. installation was aborted and i'm up and running just as i was before the update came about. thanks

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
I accepted and it did fail, rebooted and like it never happened!! not more notification either.
The patch by Pete some were having issues and I didn't want to loose my swype.

OP
E

erikfig

Reaction score
Now I feel save to run it, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!