Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miren

• Other

• Total voters
Reaction score
What web browser are you using?

Since the Thunderbolt is basically a mini-computer (not just a phone), I am curious as to what internet browser everyone is using. Are you staying with stock, or do you prefer a third party app from the market? Which of the choices do you think is the best, and why do you like it over the other ones (if you have tried them)? What are some of the pros and cons of the browsers on the list? I think a lot of it has to do with personal preference (appearance, ease of use) and needs (speed, features, functionality).

georgek

Reaction score
I'm using the stock browser for now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

senker

Reaction score
last year i used skyfire to stream the world cup live... ever since then skyfire has been my sh1t.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Mozerella Foxfire 4

Lol, seriously? There is no such thing. I think you are referring to Mozilla Firefox, which is a preferred browser for computers, not smartphones. Mozilla does have a browser for Android phones (aka Fennec), however it is not very stable and in its early stages of development, that's why I didn't list it. It does have potential (I love Firefox on my computer), but it will be awhile yet before it is viable on Android.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Mozerella Foxfire 4

Lol, seriously? There is no such thing. I think you are referring to Mozilla Firefox, which is a preferred browser for computers, not smartphones. Mozilla does have a browser for Android phones (aka Fennec), however it is not very stable and in its early stages of development, that's why I didn't list it. It does have potential (I love Firefox on my computer), but it will be awhile yet before it is viable on Android.

Actually FireFox does have an Android version. And it is in version 4 currently. So yes, he is running mozilla FireFox 4 for Android. Check it out in the market. Technically its still a beta but most of the kinks have been worked out and it runs pretty well on our high powered phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L

RedTarget

Reaction score
Opera mini. It's pretty speedy and works great with pinch to zoom. Very fluid so far.

I used to be a big fan of dolphin hd but haven't tried it on the bolt yet. Towards the last few months of using it on my Droid, dolphin seemed too sluggish. I may have to revisit it and see how it has improved.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Actually FireFox does have an Android version. And it is in version 4 currently. So yes, he is running mozilla FireFox 4 for Android. Check it out in the market. Technically its still a beta but most of the kinks have been worked out and it runs pretty well on our high powered phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L
I know that, but it is not something I would recommend yet as there are much better options out there that have been around longer, even though it does have future potential. I think you kind of missed my point, I guess its hard to convey sarcasm in a forum. I just thought his misspelling was kind of funny, that's all.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I agree, there are many more browser options out there that are better than FireFox. I was simply pointing out that the Android version is no longer fennec and is now under the FireFox name. And yes, I understood the sarcasm. In fact, I think referring to mozilla as mozzarella was in and of itself sarcasm...

Sent from my ADR6400L

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
I agree, there are many more browser options out there that are better than FireFox. I was simply pointing out that the Android version is no longer fennec and is now under the FireFox name. And yes, I understood the sarcasm. In fact, I think referring to mozilla as mozzarella was in and of itself sarcasm...

Sent from my ADR6400L
I see, I was a little confused about the difference between Firefox and Fennec on Android. I guess Fennec is what they call the nightly builds to develop, test, and preview new versions of Firefox now. Hah, well I didn't catch that it then, my bad! :)

Maybe the new version will be better and has some hope?...:
Firefox 4 Release Candidate for Android Available, Most Polished Version to Date - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android
I might have to try it out at some point just to see, because I only use Firefox on my PC (unless something requires me to use IE for whatever reason). The TB is on the list of compatible devices.