Well, Howdy from a new Razr Maxx user!

mnassour

Reaction score
Just saying hello, folks! I'm Mike Nassour from Austin Texas. Just turned on a new Razr Maxx today, has to be the most spectacular phone I've ever used. It replaced my original Droid, which replaced my LG Fathom. And don't laugh at my Fathom!:biggrin: Verizon unlocked it earlier this year and I expect to use it on GSM in Europe this summer. So a Windows 6.5 phone CAN have a life!:woot:

At any rate, I've already been helped out by some of the kind folks here with an issue regarding Tunein, so the least I can do is register and see if anything I know will help someone else.

pax..... Mike N.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello, welcome and Congrats!!

We are happy to have ya with us!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Mike!! I am glad to hear you already got some help from us

Don't be afraid to stick around a while :biggrin:

OP
M

mnassour

Reaction score
Yes, Tunein was absolutely my favorite app and was the real reason I took the plunge into Android in the first place (well, that and I couldn't stand Apple's walled garden concept). And to have it repeatedly shut down after only a few minutes on the first day I had the phone was rather, well, disheartening. But I did a search and found a thread here where some kind soul mentioned the same issue and pointed me to the fact that I probably had a task manager(?) set up to shut down programs when the screen went blank. Well, that was it...and I'm back to enjoying one of the great devices of all times (IMHO)dancedroid!

So thanks to all and I hope to be here a lot!

MN

OP
M

mnassour

Reaction score
Well, thanks! One thing's for sure...this phone is nothing less than tremendous and by now, I've had just about all of them! :biggrin: See you folks around here...!

mn

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
congrats on the phone and welcome to the forums ..

Andielyn

Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. This its my FIRST smartphone and I love it. The forum has been great for helping me navigate through some user issues. Love TuneIn!! I am so glad I held out for the MAXX!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
M

mnassour

Reaction score
Well my first Droid was the original Motorola, which I purchased used here in Austin to replace my Windows 6.5(!) LG Fathom. The original Moto just got soooo slow that I had to have something else. Besides, tethering at 4G speeds is a hoot and a half.