Welcome to the Verizon Mi-Fi Forums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
At the request of the members we decided to open an area where you all could discuss Verizon's Mi-Fi. Enjoy!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Awesome!

Good to see a section for non-phone devices.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Does this include the crappie Samsung 4g mifi device??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

marion37303

Reaction score
Yeah kinda figured so if a person was going to do something with it not so legal..... what might that person be able to do?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I mean the only thing that comes to mind is ESN cloning, which is basically changing the ESN of a network device (phone, modem, MiFi) to match that of another network device, usually an active one. Then through some quirky screwing around, one can get two, perhaps even more phones/modems on the Verizon (any network really, but I think it only works with CDMA, GSM networks don't use ESNs for identification on their networks, SIM cards do that!) network at the same time.

It comes up in forums where people ask if there is a way for them to have two phones on one line, so that when one gets a call, so does the other.

That'll do it, though. Smartphones, Android in particular, are byfar more advanced that simple modems and MiFi devices, which, other than the LTE radio and energy management (allowing for a battery), pretty much stick with technology that is something like 10 years old- simple display (if any), on/off button for on/offing (lol), MiFis are about as advanced as my home wireless router. But now I'm rambling lol....

EDIT: Ever get that Droid X? lol