Welcome Droid Army :)

sdawg3458

Reaction score
hey so my phone took a poop :( because i messed it up by rooting it so I just got on here to see if anyone could help me! :) i'll state my problem here but i will also start a new thread.

so the rom i am using is cvpcs i was trying to download fryo 1.1.1 the newest update, incognito (red), low voltage 125-1000, motorola droid; well when i got it all downloaded and have the new spinning gem @ startup i can't get the phone to get past the initial startup,

I keep getting force close at the startup wizard....
"the startup wizard has stopped unexpectedly" and they keep popping up, i can't do anything can someone please help

OP
S

sdawg3458

Reaction score
Well first off :welcome:to the forum. I am going to ask that this thread be moved to CVPCS' section so that one of the developers can help you.

i would love to move the thread to cvpcs but i have no idea how to do that help me with that i am new to forums

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
You do not have to do anything. I sent a message to one of the moderators who have to move the thread. To find CVPCS' section, hit the Forums tab at the top of the page, then scroll down until you see Custom Roms then under that you will see cvpcs. Click on that and you are in his section.

OP
S

sdawg3458

Reaction score
how do i see when someone replies to my thread? like do i get a notification or something on the website?

samuraixzodus

Reaction score
This has happened to me as well. Did you install incognito over another theme? Did you install incognito over your rom with more than the base apps installed. I would suggest full wipe then install rom..then theme..then kernal...make sure kernal is compliant.
Hope this helps!
I use Ruby but there the same in therory.

OP
S

sdawg3458

Reaction score
This has happened to me as well. Did you install incognito over another theme? Did you install incognito over your rom with more than the base apps installed. I would suggest full wipe then install rom..then theme..then kernal...make sure kernal is compliant.
Hope this helps!
I use Ruby but there the same in therory.

i had the theme incognito red for version 1.1.0 (i think it was that version) and then when i installed version 1.1.1. fryo i get the FC message at the wizard setup oops i kept calling it startup

jayman350

Reaction score
You can reboot into recovery and go through the clockwork mod menu. You want to select wipe data and cache. Do this at least once. I prefer to also go into the advanced menu and format system, data, cache separately. This may be overkill but I have found that clockwork does not always get everything on the first pass.

From there back out to the main menu, install from sd card, navigate to the sapphire zip file install, go through that for the gapps file as well. I would reboot the phone and try to start at that point.

Once you have it up and running, make a backup and try installing the theme.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

parker34

Reaction score
This also happened to me no matter how many different kernels i tried....I bellieve it is the theme that is messing it up that way..if you know how to do it the sprecovery way then i would do that and install the theme as an update.zip, this is how i got mine to work

OP
S

sdawg3458

Reaction score
thank you everyone for your help i got it to work now! :) i had to restore and then start fresh and download everything one at a time :)