OP
T

tbolt1125

Reaction score
Also it was sent to me after I looked for a software upgrade

sent from the bolt

aj8600

Reaction score
Its something encrypted. But what it is i font know...

Probably transformers

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sudoscience

Reaction score
Hey,

So we just ran into this with our new Droid Charge... only it ended up leading to bigger problems with the phone...
After about an hour with vzw tech support they determined that a message from 502 saying anything about the vzwdmserver is a message saying that your phone isn't connecting correctly to the network. But that it's caused by a problem between your phone's software and the 4gLTE sim card not recognizing correctly. We got a replacement phone moved in the card and got the message.... factory reset got the message before getting through activation. VZW says that a message from 502 is not traceable in their system because they don't send it... instead it's from the phone itself. It's trying to notify you of the issue. We put the card back in the original phone and immediately got hte messages again. Seems to have come in pairs... Anyway After a long lengthy discussion they said we should bring the phone in and swap out the SIM card for a new one, as the likely component between the two was the SIM. So today we brought it in and got a brand new SIM card... the message didn't show up. Granted we now have 45 minutes of experience... but that's how you stop them... There is no way to block it. The trip to Verizon is the hassle, but it's probably for the best to be proactive about this. The problems we ran into were that the phone would connect to 3g/4g service but not get any network for phone calls... we think that maybe... just maybe this had something to do with the card too...

Hope this helps

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
Definitely transformers

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

ninefall

Reaction score
Hey,

So we just ran into this with our new Droid Charge... only it ended up leading to bigger problems with the phone...
After about an hour with vzw tech support they determined that a message from 502 saying anything about the vzwdmserver is a message saying that your phone isn't connecting correctly to the network. But that it's caused by a problem between your phone's software and the 4gLTE sim card not recognizing correctly. We got a replacement phone moved in the card and got the message.... factory reset got the message before getting through activation. VZW says that a message from 502 is not traceable in their system because they don't send it... instead it's from the phone itself. It's trying to notify you of the issue. We put the card back in the original phone and immediately got hte messages again. Seems to have come in pairs... Anyway After a long lengthy discussion they said we should bring the phone in and swap out the SIM card for a new one, as the likely component between the two was the SIM. So today we brought it in and got a brand new SIM card... the message didn't show up. Granted we now have 45 minutes of experience... but that's how you stop them... There is no way to block it. The trip to Verizon is the hassle, but it's probably for the best to be proactive about this. The problems we ran into were that the phone would connect to 3g/4g service but not get any network for phone calls... we think that maybe... just maybe this had something to do with the card too...

Hope this helps
Thanks for this. Its been happening to myself and a few friends, I will try a new SIM and see if that fixes it. It pretty annoying.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like I vaguely recall something where I had email on my LG Voyager, then switched to a Blackberry phone and would get those messages for a while. Was your previous phone by any chance not a smartphone?