sending messages

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Hi all, Just found out i have a new problem. When I send out a text message, the recipient is receiving it 3 times. Weird, anybody else expereience this?

Thanks

Nick D

Reaction score
I can't say whether it is your phone or not but I am having the same problem. The big difference between you & I, I have an OG1 Droid. My wife just got a Thunderbolt and I believe that I was having the same problem before she got the new phone.

What app are you using for texts? I am using Handcent. I wonder if there is an issue with the app or if it is an issue with Verizon????

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Hi, I am using app that came with the Thunderbolt. Only had it for 5 days now.
Maybe it is a verizon problem. Lets see if we get more responces.

Nick D

Reaction score
That's interesting, that's the program that I'm using & I am having the issue intermittently. One of my other friends has a Droid, 2nd gen. When I get texts from her, I sometimes get repeats as well.

I downloaded the update today, so hopefully that fixes the issue. Let me know if you have the problem again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Nick D

Reaction score
I am on version 3.9.1, I just downloaded it today. I don't know how long this version has been available.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

Kferg70806

Reaction score
Well it just did it again, the person i just texts said they received the message 3 times. hmmm

NickWBurns

Reaction score
I had this same problem today, I shut down pulled the battery and rebooted, it seemed to stop after that

NickWBurns

Reaction score
Seems like it was just a Verizon problem, not the keyboard. I'm using flexT9 so must be something else....

chubby22

Reaction score
I have the same issue periodically...Usually happens when I'm exchanging texts, and I lose data connection. My text will get sent out twice, and plus I will receive the reply multiple times.. Using handcent as well.. after reboot, it works fine usually.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums