Weird lost contacts problem

crazy51guy

Reaction score
Ok, so let me start off by saying that I am using 2.0.1. I had the problem of all of my contacts missing a couple days ago but then I imported the contacts from my SD card and I thought all was fine.

But today I went to text someone and when I typed in their number under new message somebody else's name popped up. So I found out that I am missing maybe 10 contacts. Then I looked up the numbers and the missing contacts are listed as the secondary phone number for my other contacts. For example, Davids cell phone is listed as Ashley's second cell phone and the David contact is completely gone. So when David calls my caller ID says Ashley.

I then tried to erase the second number(s) and just make a David contact but when I clicked on "add new contact" and tried to re-add David, it said new contact saved but David was not listed individually under contacts and David's number is still under Ashley.

BTW, I found out that I am missing a few contacts because when I clicked import contacts from SD card it said transferring 150 contacts but when I go to my contact list it says viewing 140~ contacts....

Anybody else have this problem...? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys! =)

windstrings

Reaction score
Not sure if this is your problem.. but sometimes I get two databases "or contacts" that try to join each other and become one... at least when I go to edit, I will see them both, "one under the other" instead of separate like they are supposed to be.

The absolute easiest way to fix it, is to just delete them both and recreate them how you want.
When two different contacts share the same address or phone numbers, I've had them merge like this.

Also when on your online google account.. go into your contacts and make sure all the contacts you really want to see are part of your " my contacts" group... if not, edit and add them to that group.

Now when you are in your droid, open contacts and at the bottom pick "display options" and open, pick your account and make sure the "my contacts" is checked.... all contacts that are part of that group you set up while online should show up now.

If you wanted to cheat and not go to the trouble to make sure everybody is added to the "my contacts" group, while in your droid contacts, at the bottom pick "display options" and open, pick your account and just scroll to the botton and click "all other contacts", then you should see everything you have.