WaterMark'D

BrentAday

Reaction score
if you use SPR, just rename the WMD file to update.zip, and install without wiping. but, make sure you get the rom update.zip off your sdcard root (either put in a folder or rename it). if you have 2 update.zip files, it won't install.

I tried that approach and the theme aborted when I went to flash it.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
make sure it's named update.zip, and not update.zip.zip (on your pc, it will sometimes just drop the .zip extension, even though it's still there. so, if you name it "update.zip", the pc will actually have it as "update.zip.zip" when it goes to your sdcard)

if that doesn't work, you may have a corrupt dl. try to redownload to your pc, and then recopy to sdcard.

also, i know stewar1champ has been MIA lately, so i don't think he has ported WMD to UD 1.0 himself. therefore, there may be an issue with whether the theme is compatible with UD 1.0

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
When I saw the title to this thread, I was REALLY hoping it was about the theme being ported to TUD1. I think Stewart1Champ might have abandoned Watermark'd.

I though that theme was his pride and joy....maybe he does not port to UD anymore.

R3Ds™ TheMeS

BrentAday

Reaction score
make sure it's named update.zip, and not update.zip.zip (on your pc, it will sometimes just drop the .zip extension, even though it's still there. so, if you name it "update.zip", the pc will actually have it as "update.zip.zip" when it goes to your sdcard)

if that doesn't work, you may have a corrupt dl. try to redownload to your pc, and then recopy to sdcard.

also, i know stewar1champ has been MIA lately, so i don't think he has ported WMD to UD 1.0 himself. therefore, there may be an issue with whether the theme is compatible with UD 1.0

Re-DL'd file and made sure update.zip was named correctly...same result. Flashing of theme aborted. Hopefully, someone can correct the file so SPR can be used to flash. Appreciate your help!

VingInMedina

Reaction score
I figured out how to get it installed using SPRecovery,

Open up the zip file and navigate to the /META-INF/com/google/android/ directory. Copy in the file update-binary that you can get from another theme update.zip file (make sure it is one that you can install with SPRecovery). Then, modify the updater-script file so that it looks like this:

Code:
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");

Close up the zip file, rename it to update.zip and copy it to the SD card. You can then install it with SPRecovery.