watching movie from Bionic

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Is it possible to watch a movie that is already downloaded to my Bionic on my tv at home since my tv has a usb port. I dont have a micro hdmi cable and wanted to watch a movie if its possible and if so how.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If your TV support USB mass storage. Some TVs (like mine) have a USB port, but it's only for updates.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Other than what tj said, I can't think of a way. They might have HDMI ports you can plug into that USB or something though?

In any case, if you test out methods with the USB, make sure you use the one from the Bionic box. A lot of people report not to have this issue, but officially Motorola has stated that the Bionic can only be used with Motorola USBs. So just to be safe I'd use a Moto cord anyways.

OP
Smoke#14

Smoke#14

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas, but after taking a better look at the tv the usb port says "service" so I did not think it would work but I tried it anyway and no luck. I guess I will run up to Best Buy, I'm sure they are not busy at all... hahaha

zirkdog

Reaction score
I found the Motorola HDMI cable on amazon for about $5. Sure beats paying verizon $20-40 or whatever they charge online.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I found the Motorola HDMI cable on amazon for about $5. Sure beats paying verizon $20-40 or whatever they charge online.

Any Micro HDMI cable will work. You can easily pay $5 for the whole thing.

I wouldn't go to BB since they will over charge for it.

cebosound

Reaction score
Micro HDMI cable should work fine. ... and $5bucks sounds like a deal to me. :)

don_droid

Reaction score
If i put my movie on a flash drive it will play on my tv.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums