Google Movies

dave52355

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Google Movies on their Bionic and send it out the HDMI? Does it work on the big screen? If so, I need to go cable shopping :biggrin:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, but I have Netflix and had it streaming out the HDMI. Worked great.

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
No, but I have Netflix and had it streaming out the HDMI. Worked great.

No it does not work, or no you have not tried it? Trying to find a replacement for the DVD side of my Netflix. Thanks for replying.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Just use Netflix. It's free if you pay the $8 per month as opposed to paying for each movie on Google. That just Google's iTunes movie app.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
No help on the Google movies. Monoprice is a great place for cables. I got a HDMI to micro HDMI cable for about $4. Plays Netflix great on the big screen

WenValley

Reaction score
We have Netflix for the home, both streaming and mailed DVD's. Do I need another account or subscription to get Netflix on my Bionic? Thank.s

techRob

Reaction score
No, you shouldn't need an adtnl account. I have Netflix - originally setup to stream via my blue-ray player. I also log into the app on my OG Droid and stream thru that. ...and then, I also have Netflix on my [work] iPhone, and can log into it on there and stream from that :) ... all one Netflix account :)

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
Thanks all. I already have Netflix both streaming and DVD. Just saw some 99 cent movies on Google that are not out on Netflix yet and thought about watching them. Just not interested in watching big screen blockbusters on a 4 inch screen. Would be worth it to send it to the TV by HDMI if possible.

Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it does not work, or no you have not tried it? Trying to find a replacement for the DVD side of my Netflix. Thanks for replying.

The latter, I have Netflix streaming and haven't thought about paying 99 cents to rent a movie via Google.

Thanks all. I already have Netflix both streaming and DVD. Just saw some 99 cent movies on Google that are not out on Netflix yet and thought about watching them. Just not interested in watching big screen blockbusters on a 4 inch screen. Would be worth it to send it to the TV by HDMI if possible.

Thanks

That's what I was mainly responding to; I've seen movies via Netflix using the HDMI output and it looks great. If Google does as well, yeah, get the cable.