Warning about taskiller

y6y6y6

Reaction score
Yes I had the GPS on. I always have it on. It doesn't drain the battery unless a program uses it.

This is false. If you have the GPS on it will be a huge drain on the battery.

And there is really no need to guess about these things. The Droid keeps track of what is using the battery power. Go to settings > about phone > battery usage.

One of the things you'll notice on the battery use chart - All those apps you see running in the task killer app that you think are eating up the battery? They aren't.

dannydoes

Reaction score
That may be true y6y6y6, that gps, if not used drains the battery, but when I used google maps, than failed to "kill" google maps, the drain on the battery accelerated considerably.

Just my experience with it.

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
I have not noticed any more battery drain since I quit using the taskiller. And btw, my notifications are working perfectly, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, twitter, facebook, text, VM, etc.....this rocks without taskiller. And again I've noticed no additional battery drain.

dannydoes

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of people mentioning that they don't get notifications if they use task killer. I've never experienced that. Even if I kill everything, notifications have always come through. Could it be because I am using "advanced task killer" and not the simpler version?

dannydoes

Reaction score
ok so after charging, here's my usage in 1.5 hours and almost no usage, it just sits in my pocket for 95% of the time. This was with the GPS on and the SYNC on, how do you know if GPS is eating the battery? It doesn't state it here.

Display 34%
Phone Idle 28%
Cell standby 22%
Android system 9%
Android OS 3%
Android Core Apps 3%
Beautiful Widgets 2%