Want to update

jlangholzj

Reaction score
So I've rooted my phone when i first got it and since then a few updates have come out. I've tried updating through the phone but it will never take and from my understanding this is because of the root??

currently:

hardware ver: I500.04
model: SCHI500
firmware ver: 2.2.1
baseband ver: s:i500.04 V.ED01
kernel ver: 2.6.32.9
build num: SCH-I500.ED01

as stated I've got the root but since its the stock rom/kernel its massively bloated, it tweaks out all the time, etc. I'll be wiping it completely and then I'm looking for a good rom that would wipe all the crap out. I've seen so many numbers floating around (DJ05, DI01, ED01) that I'm not entirely sure which is the latest and which i should be putting on.

View attachment 41232

millwood

Reaction score
If you are looking for something that is stock, but without all the bloatware then try one of the Debloated ROMS like ED05 or similar. That will remove most of the crap and allow you to use a s"Stock" style ROM. As long as you are rooted then you will need to use ODIN to boot these files. OTA will only work when you are not rooted and on a stock ROM. There are also many other ROMs that have other features built into them such as CM7, MIUI, PW, etc.......Good Luck,

OP
J

jlangholzj

Reaction score
found a guide for the ED05 here:

[ROM][KERNEL][09.28.2011] GeeWiz 1.1.1 ED05 TouchWiz Debloated - xda-developers guess the big confusion for me was the numbering order and latest firmware release....all that jazz. Doing the install on the clean ED05 now, I'll let ya'll know how it goes

millwood

Reaction score
There used to be a list somewhere that showed the dates and the release number, but for the life of me I could not find it. You should be more than fine if you want a "stock" Rom and just want it to lose all the miscellaneous crap.

OP
J

jlangholzj

Reaction score
well...i went through with it, and now i have no data. sms, voice, wifi everything else works fine. But no data. Tried sending the DJ05 and the DL09 radios via odin and I got nothin.....

I'm going to try another.....then a clean wipe...and all over again.

If i still can't get radio back, any ideas?

OP
J

jlangholzj

Reaction score
djp952 helped me get it back up to par. It was the standard verizon swich phones, etc fix. Went online and did all that jazz and it works perfect! already a very impressive rom that I'd highly recommend to everyone else.

millwood

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't on last night. I had a similar issue with my wife's phone. I did find that in her case I did not have to switch phones online, all I did was a battery pull and reboot and she was fine. Not sure if that would have helped, but it worked for her phone. I found that any time I flashed via ODIN I had to do this with her phone. Just a heads up. Glad you got it working.