Wallpaper help. PLEASE

rhinoman585

Reaction score
Please don't yell at me. I've done some searching and can't find the exact answer I need. Hopefully this isn't a stupid question either, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. I am a general photoshopper, and would like to make my own wallpapers. I know that the DX screen size is 480x854, or 960x854 because of desktop scrolling, but when I make a file this size, one or the other, and transfer file to my phone and select it to set as wallpaper, the image fits perfect on the screen, but the image select box (as show in attached picture) only allows me to select part of the image. This drives me NUTS. is the file still the wrong size, or DPI, or am I doing something wrong on the phone?

Please guide me.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Are you "pulling" the adjustment lines to fit the entire image?

When you touch the blue lines, do arrows appear on the left/right and top/bottom lines allowing you to adjust the frame to the entire picture?

OP
rhinoman585

rhinoman585

Reaction score
It will not let me pull them past what is shown in the picture. If i pull down or side to side, it pulls the other direction automatically to proportion the image i guess. So as shown in the picture, its at its limit on the right and left. drives me nuts.

mr_silent

Reaction score
Tried everything...nothing works.

What about summers eve? Jk
Maybe you have width and height mixed up. If not just use picsay pro on the phone to convert the quality, save it to the sdcard and try to add it as a wallpaper again. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
rhinoman585

rhinoman585

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on using photoshop to set them? Like photoshop express?

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
If the image is 854x480(L x W) (rectangular shape)it will look as you see it there in the gallery. But the the way wallpapers are on android the image has to be nearly a square shape which most use 960x854 for a good sharp image(which is i think what you posted you are using). It wont let you choose a diiferent shape for a wallpaper which is a bummer but you have to see how the launcher uses it. So a way to make the "whole" girl appear as you wallpaper you will have to make that wallpaper wider to the right ratio.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try using Fish Bowl Photo Viewer from the Market to set your wallpapers, play around in the settings and I think this app does a better job at placing wallpapers than the stock Gallery does. Hope this helps.

OP
rhinoman585

rhinoman585

Reaction score
I will work on it tonight. Thanks a lot for the input everyone.

apstang50

Reaction score
I was just about to ask this same question. It even makes you crop wallpapers that you get from the market?

OP
rhinoman585

rhinoman585

Reaction score
Well i think i was just over thinking things and got confused. I seem to have figured it out. As long as images are 960x854, they work perfectly. I just make the image on computer using whatever image editing program, then just email it to myself and save to phone. Very easy. Here is a quickie I just played with....
Thanks everyone

mr_silent

Reaction score
Nice work... one thing you may be interested in is a dropbox account. The app makes it easy to save any file in the cloud and download as needed, whether its to pc or your device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk