Wacky Battery Readings

tam5070

Reaction score
So I put the phone through about maybe 6 hours of heavy browsing and texting and it eventually whittled itself down step by step 60% - 50% 40% 30 20 10 and shut off. I plug it in for about 5 minutes after it had died and power it back up. THe battery is reading at 60% even though I just plugged it in.

Is the battery reading faulty now or was it faulty when it died? I'm thinking maybe this is just a case of the phone being confused as to how much charge it actually has?

And can someone tell me why the phone is incapable of percentage readings like 84% or 67%? why the even numbers Moto?

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
I'm assuming the update will fix the readings and not lengthen my battery life? If only it were the other way... Ha

carpenter_22

Reaction score
not sure i know after a few updates on the droid my battery life seemed to do much better so there may be some software issues that is causing the x to drain faster than it should. we will just have to wait and see.

Takenumbrage

Reaction score
Has anyone actually gotten the OTA update yet? Does it tell you when it's loaded something new?

grundei

Reaction score
This is the exact question that caused me to join this forum - How can I find out the percentage of battery life remaining on Dorid X??

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
There are several apps you can use, I prefer the "Battery Life" app. Has a nice widget that displays battery, temperature and mV in a 1 x 2 spot on your screen.

grundei

Reaction score
There are two with names like that - one from Curvefish and one from James N - Which one is it?? Thanks

OP
T

tam5070

Reaction score
I use the curvefish one. Don't be afraid to download different software. you can always just uninstall it and if it's free, theres zero consequence. The market is your oyster ... or something.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
you dont have to download an app for it. Just go to settings/about/status and its there. I have the update and i still have some strange readings. If i charge my phone it goes to 80% and stays there for hours it seems, but when i pull the charge plug its back to 100%

Garnold

Reaction score
Is this OTA update for the Droid X too? Kind of strange but I charged my phone all night and when I took it out of the media cradle it was already at 60%. Today I was driving and using it for Nav and Pandora. It was in the Car dock and charging for over 4 hours and was pretty charged when I put it in. Again, when I got to my destination it was at 60%. Always 60% too so there must be something going on. What I'm worried about is that it will over charge my battery or something because I have to put it back on a charger to get it back to 100%. Any advice please?