=/ vzw and droid doesnt...finally I lost one battle

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Thank you, it seems that most people don't get the difference between,
ionizing radiation from radioactive materials and non-ionizing from radio broadcast.

Thankyou Johnny, lets all put down our tinfoil chapeaus.

Or lead-lined undies, as others seem to think they might need... :huh:

yep...... harmless..... unless your stepping in front (or even anywhere near) a 35,000 watt. radio broadcast antenna...:)

They have to turn em' down, if we're even working within 100ft of em'..;)

back on topic...... carriers (VZW, ATT, T-MOBILE, etc.) pay building owners to utilize penthouse walls and such on rooftops of their buildings. They are not towers on top of the roof but antenna's and equipment.... as far as contracting to be the only carrier on a roof..... that's all between the building owner and the first carrier, oh and of course the money exchange..

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Even then it shouldn't hurt you, but I bet any coil of wire would have some induce some current. Maybe even fry a cell phone.

Don't give up on the tinfoil hats just yet, you know the government is still trying those thought control devices.

Last edited:

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Obviously you need one of those gold antenna stickers. ;)

Don't play with me, do they really work?

No. I used to work as a Repair Tech Supervisor. We had an RF room and machines that could measure cell signal strength and simulate calls with hand-off and all kinds of gadgets. I tried lots of tests and there was no appreciable difference outside of the margin of error for a signal improvement.

I also used to sell the stickers on eBay and made a fair return on my investment doing it. I sold them at $1.99 for two stickers with $2 shipping and handling.

r1nstang

Reaction score
i get no reception at my job either. We have WIFI but they have the internet filtered...so even my wifi connection is filtered...anyone know of a way around this??

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Even then it shouldn't hurt you, but I bet any coil of wire would have some induce some current. Maybe even fry a cell phone.

Don't give up on the tinfoil hats just yet, you know the government is still trying those thought control devices.

While I don't know all the science of it..... I do work in the field and on the towers for a living... I can't wrap my head around why they bother turning them off and down when we're working on around em'.... Are you suggesting you know better or more than the FCC??? I'm not saying that walking around a tower would be harmful.... but for the installers...yep.

This following was taken from here... http://www.fcc.gov/oet/rfsafety/rf-faqs.html#Q2

CAN PEOPLE BE EXPOSED TO LEVELS OF RADIOFREQUENCY RADIATION THAT COULD BE HARMFUL?
Studies have shown that environmental levels of RF energy routinely encountered by the general public are typically far below levels necessary to produce significant heating and increased body temperature. However, there may be situations, particularly in workplace environments near high-powered RF sources, where the recommended limits for safe exposure of human beings to RF energy could be exceeded. In such cases, restrictive measures or mitigation actions may be necessary to ensure the safe use of RF energy.

Last edited: