Volume Lock app?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer to Ring Guard. I just missed an important call from my wife yesterday, and tracked the cause down to my ring volume getting lowered by accident while the phone was in my pocket.

dornyc

Reaction score
I can't find ring guard anywhere. Can someone post a link?

nighthawk700

Reaction score
Look for ringguard, all one word. Half the apps I couldn't find at first search, I had to make into one word.

I keep accidentally lowering the ring volume, so definitely will give this a try, thanks!!!

anewday

Reaction score
I hit the volume rocker by accident pretty often. Wish they would make it tighter and flatter

Last edited:

sustained

Reaction score
An app called Ring Lock works pretty well

Thanks light3828! This is the best one I've used so far!

- Locks ringer volume.
- No annoying confirmation (like in RingGuard) every time I accidentally hit the volume rocker. Set it and forget it.
- Also locks text notification volume.
- Choices of Ring, Vibrate, or silent on widget.
- It's a small widget.
- You can customize widget colors. Hint - press on each setting in menu gives you color options.

It's a dollar. Big deal.

And it's name in Marketplace is MC RingLock.

Website: MC RingLock for Android by Memphis Computer Solutions

NOTE: After you install it and lock in a volume setting, if you press the volume rocker on the side of the Droid, you see the volume bar change. That doesn't matter. Your ringer will ring at whatever level you set it at on the RingLock widget.

Last edited:

haythem1992

Reaction score
Ive used vibrate mode by force and not one force close or any issues whatsoever and its free :)

sustained

Reaction score
Ive used vibrate mode by force and not one force close or any issues whatsoever and its free :)

But "vibrate mode by force" doesn't lock the ringer volume which is the whole point of MC RingLock. It prevents the ringer volume from being accidentally turned down or changed. "vibrate mode by force" doesn't do this.

Having MC RingLock being able to choose, ring, vibrate, or silent from the widget is just an extra function.

tehpriest

Reaction score
I thought this was a good idea so I put Volume control on (free) and it worked perfectly. But then I manually changed to silent mode and it reset it to the high volume I had chosen :icon_eek: I had to then go in and switch it off so I could mute the phone. Too much bother.

So I still need an app that will change the profile according to events in my diary. Preferably free :wink:

Scythe

Reaction score
Sorry for a slight necro-post, but I've just put up a new [free] app called Volume Locker on the market.

It lets you lock all possible streams (music, notification, ringer, etc). It's very efficient and won't waste battery, unobtrusive (won't kick you out of a game you're playing or similar), and user friendly. It also won't mess with your call volume while on a call.

I basically got fed up with all the other apps on the market and figured it was time for something a bit cleaner. Feel free to give me some feedback if you wish. ;)

wbyrulz

Reaction score
Volume Locker

At first it started out awesome! But 10 minutes later, when I bump the volume rocker, it will turn it up 1 step. Then you can wait a few seconds and it'll let you change it back down 1 step. It's letting it change the volume between 2 steps. I don't know what I did.

Scythe

Reaction score
At first it started out awesome! But 10 minutes later, when I bump the volume rocker, it will turn it up 1 step. Then you can wait a few seconds and it'll let you change it back down 1 step. It's letting it change the volume between 2 steps. I don't know what I did.

It really depends on the settings.

Basically if I am on silent mode, I can change the volume as much as I want before the timeout occurs. Once the timeout on the notification occurs, it'll drop it back to silent mode unless you've approved the change.

Now, there are a ton of settings which impact the functionality. So you might have it so that volume locker ignores being set into "silent mode", or volume changes while the screen is locked, etc.