Voice dialing &earphones question

LittleLebowski

Reaction score
How do I set this thing up to go directly to Voice Dialer with a push of a button like on my old iPhone?

I have several earphones with integrated volume and mics. None of them work with my new Tbolt. Is this a setting on the Tbolt or should I buy new earphones and if so, which ones?

evereddie

Reaction score
I too have questions about Voice Dialer. However since this phone has only one button to speak of, I doubt that the power button can be made to fire off anything.

My question is, once in Voice Dialer and I tell it who to dial, and it finds that person, i want it to ask me if this is the person and if OK to dial. My old smart phone would talk me all the way through. This voice dialer stops half way.

stuigi

Reaction score
I too have questions about Voice Dialer. However since this phone has only one button to speak of, I doubt that the power button can be made to fire off anything.

My question is, once in Voice Dialer and I tell it who to dial, and it finds that person, i want it to ask me if this is the person and if OK to dial. My old smart phone would talk me all the way through. This voice dialer stops half way.

That's what I don't like about the TB voice dialer. When I hit my headset, it says, SPEAK NOW. It the TRIES ti inerpret what I said and just dials, no confirmation question at all. Can be a real pain. Anyone know of a replacement voice dialer that asks for confirmations before dialing?

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Download vlingo. It's free and kicks stock voice app in the buttocks. It's more than just voice dial though. Download and read the tips and tricks. You can launch apps, find businesses, find and launch nav, etc. You can also set options like repeating the name before dialing or not, depending on confidence levels. Stuff like that. Very heavy with options. Been using it on every device since a BB around 2008.