viewing photos

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
more information.
I tried taking a picture with the camera( thinking this would create a folder for pics on the camera) and it said to insert a sd card. So Iopened the phone removed the card and reinserted it. When I went to take a picture, it allowed me to this time. I connected it to my pc and a new folder was found , called "Android". I opened it up and it had a data folder inside, but there was no picture that i could see. I also tried the "gallery icon" again and it said the sd card was unmounted or unavailable

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
yes I formatted it when I took the card out, it said it was erasing all data on the card
( this corresponds to formatting a disk on a pc , so I understand the process). There is a gallery icon and when I hit it, it says there are no pictures to display.
The card has 2 gigs of memory but the phone has 6 gigs of internal memory. There are a few photos that I have taken and some jpgs that i put in there. Are these stored on the card or on the internal memory.If on the card then they would be gone after formatting right? If on the phones internal memory they would still be there?
I am still confused about the file structure of the phone. When I first plugged it into my pc I did get a file called camera but it seems to have disappeared. I should say when I first connected the phone to the pc it was missing a driver, so I went to a verizon site and downloaded it. I also seem to have gotten a link( from downloading this driver) to a verizon page that opens when connecting the phone to my pc. It starts my browser and goes to a page suggesting I download Vcast to organize my media files. Could this be related?
Again thanks so much for you help and assistance

hmm mine never did ask for VCast. its no harm in it but im not using it. all my pics are on my card. when I take pictures its saved onto my card but I view via gallery. before u take it out of ur phone, u should unmount it first then pull it out. sorry what type of phone do u have? im trying....

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
ok unmounted it, took out the card and replaced it. I guess it remounts automatically.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I have an X also besides the Global. just wanna be sure ur able to view, take pics and save to ur card. I also use Astro File Manager for all files and docs.

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
pc mode or usb mode

i am not familiar those modes, how do you access them?

thanks

OP
P

pursuant

Reaction score
I was taking some photos with the phone tonight and hit the gallery icon and lo and behold there were the photos I had just taken,so it seems its reading the sd card now. Now how do I put photos from my pc into my camera?

Thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
was about to msg....

you can mount/connect your phone to your computer. On your computer desktop click the icon that represents you phone (SD card). Look for DCIM.
u maybe to drag and drop.