Videos won't load!

Goldentip

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No videos from YouTube or Vine will load on my new Droid Turbo 2. I've tried clearing the cache on both apps, uninstalling and reinstalling, turning my phone off and on. They just don't load. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Do Youtube videos load in a browser?

OP
G

Goldentip

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
YouTube videos will load in a browser. Vine videos will load in a browser as well, but when the video plays it just stays as a black square and doesn't actually show me the video. I get the sound just fine though.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
YouTube videos will load in a browser. Vine videos will load in a browser as well, but when the video plays it just stays as a black square and doesn't actually show me the video. I get the sound just fine though.

Hmm, so the native apps won't load them properly.hmm..

Can you try sideloading some older version of Youtube and see if it works? Uninstall the one from the Play store and side load one of the ones from the link below:

YouTube APKs - APKMirror

OP
G

Goldentip

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm, so the native apps won't load them properly.hmm..

Can you try sideloading some older version of Youtube and see if it works? Uninstall the one from the Play store and side load one of the ones from the link below:

YouTube APKs - APKMirror

That didn't do me any justice either. I couldn't think of anything else, so before I continued to troubleshoot, I figured I might as well try factory resetting it to make sure the phone isn't just a dud. That seemed to fix my troubles; hopefully they don't come back. Thank you for your help!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved..