1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Video problems for Doid X

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by staceyg8, Dec 9, 2010.

1. staceyg8

staceyg8 New Member

Hello Droid World. I've had my Droid X for about 3 weeks now and I'm finding that sometimes when I take a video (usually more than 30 seconds) that the phone doesn't seem to be able to open the video and play it. I get a error that reads " File cannot be displayed or played". Is this a defect of the phone? I still have time to return it. Any advice? Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with videos. I'm moving your thread to the X section where others who have the X will read and reply.

Mike
  3. ejcrossl

ejcrossl New Member

same problem here, actually happens more than not. I have taken 10 videos, 7 do not work. Sorry, no suggestions for fix :(
  4. Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor New Member

hmm i havent taken video in quite some time but when i did i had no problems like that but i think this was before the 2.2 update but im not sure. Alot of these issues have been cropping out after the 2.2 update. But now with the 2.3 update(not gingerbread) supposedly these things are fixed. Idk if its fixed because i dont have it and well i have a ROM installed that works great.
  5. big erick

big erick New Member

open your video camera, go to settings and select vga. I bet your setting is on high def 720. that will also allow you to take up to an hour of video that you can actually watch!